Why did they have to ban this? If the opponent let me setup on them I deserve to win and have fun...

Why did they have to ban this? If the opponent let me setup on them I deserve to win and have fun. Not to mention that if you are smart, you can obviously escape it.

Attached: Funbro.jpg (1920x1893, 536.54K)

The weak fear the strong

Attached: team dai showderp.png (1179x667, 251.29K)

I thought Smogon loved stall?
Isn't Funbro the stalliest strategy imaginable?

Smogon loving stall is a retarded meme manufactured by Any Forums to give themselves an excuse to seethe endlessly.

Not a smogonfag, what's this strat?

literally filename

>to win
Nobody wins and the battle can go on forever, that's the point of Funbro.

Funbro.

Slowbro @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Block
- Recycle
- Slack Off
- Heal Pulse

You trap the opponent, stall its PP to zero, and heal it infinitely while it struggles infinitely. The ride only ends when someone forfeits.

Annoying someone else isn't fun for both parties. If it was a solo game, that'd be fine, but it's literally going nowhere.

Forces an infinte battle
Block an opponent who can't beat Slowbro, to prevent switching out, Slack Off to stay healthy and proceed to stall out opponent's PP
Leppa Berry + Recycle gives you infinite PP, and you only need to use Heal Pulse once every two turns to prevent your opponent from struggling to death

If only there was a button you could press when you think you can no longer win, preventing you from having to play a game where you can't win

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

The fact remains you're not playing in good faith. Annoying someone until they quit isn't a win condition in any gentlemanly game and is always looked down upon.

Because Smogontards refuse to put a time limit on battles even though it's accurate to game mechanics

How do you escape it?

>Gentlemanly game
Kek

By giving up

Can't you just taunt it? Or trick a choice item?

Not so loud in here, Smogon will lose their shit if they hear you

lmao
Funbro is a late game strategy though, you might just not have those ways to deal with it anymore

Pokemon fans REALLY dont want to be Ash Ketchum and lose.

Ywnbaw

>gentlemanly game

Fuck that shit, people should play to win, not to be “gentlemanly”

Smogon used to have a mission statement that said something to the effect of "We are trying to play Pokemon as it is on the cart. We don't fix bugs or change things because at that point we're not playing Pokemon, we're playing Smogon." On a cart, there is a hard time limit of 1 hour for singles battles (it might be less in SS; I haven't played singles since 5th gen). An endless battle cannot happen on the cart as it would eventually go to time.

That's only about the battle mechanics, otherwise they wouldn't be using tiers and custom clauses.

That said, I think a timer would make the situation worse because you could take advantage of it to force a draw through stalling.

>An endless battle cannot happen on the cart as it would eventually go to time.
what the fuck. completely retarded statement.
besides, "We are trying to play Pokemon as it is on the cart" is closer to the opposite of Smogon than it is to Smogon
>Swagger banned
>Baton Pass banned
>Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause
>Moody banned
>Arena Trap, Shadow Tag banned
>Agility + Wrap is currently banned in RBY
>depending on the tier, random shit can be banned. Light Clay is currently banned from Gen 8 UU. what the fuck. King's Rock is also banned in lower tiers.
>it's understandable to ban Evasion moves but banning Evasion-based abilities being banned is stupid.
>[insert stupid complex bans from BW]