Is the Johnto dex considered the apex of mon designs?

Is the Johnto dex considered the apex of mon designs?

Attached: EhrRNAsWoAIEuVb.jpg_large.jpg (1024x1281, 232.02K)

No. That would be the Galar dex.

Attached: 1644551957721.jpg (2048x2048, 925.44K)

Those are hideous.

Nah, it's still second best after the original 151. There are a few Johtomons that I feel aren't as solid, though I won't bring up who. I like the consistent aesthetic of Johto. Rustic.

>starters
middling
>early game filler normal types
ok
>bugs
ok
>babies
egregiously awful
>eeveelutions
decent
>crossgen evos
half good half trash
>single stage gimmickmons
unremarkable
>legendaries
shit
>pseudo
amazing

Overall, solid 5/10.

no, its quite literally the trashbin for leftovers that didn't make it past quality control during the gen 1 development cycle

This is mostly true and yet they're still overall a better collection of monster designs than every gen after.

No.
/thread

>better than kalos and alola
Check your eyes

For me? it's gen 1 sprite style and gen 5 pokemon designs.

Overall great designs. Down-to-earth while still feeling fantastical. Contains many of my favorites.
However the babies drag the dex down, they make Gen2 feel too “moebloby”. Shame because it would undeniably be my favor dex without the babies. (It’s still my top 3)

There's is no better Design that's up in your personal taste that's it

Ah, I see you are transgender. Good for you.

The real choices are hoenn, unova alola or galar.
Kanto is too old which works with a few like primeape, lapras and snorlax bit falls apart with the cartoon animals and odd people.
Johto is too round and gay. It’s also derivative and afraid to push ideas further.
Sinnoh is also extremely derivative. It also started the trend of having too many legendaries that really don’t look good.
Kalos is just boring. The more off the wall stuff is just done in really dumb ways like hawlucha being tiny and having baby legs.

Fuck I knew there’s be a comment like this. Stop being a dumbass, that’s not it works. the ones that didn’t pass Gen 1’s “quality control” had designs heavily reworked before being added to Gen 2 or were never added at all. And the beta proved that Gen2 had its own quality control considering how much was changed.
By the way, considering Gen1 let in wackamole, wackamole x 3, and Jim Crow as a Transvestite, maybe Gen1 didn’t have very good quality control

no, it's a massive step down from gen 1. gen 3 managed to recover a little bit but from there it was all downhill so each passing generation makes gen 2 look progressively less awful

Attached: gen1-2.png (2100x1185, 3.21M)

Almost as bad as gen 4

Jesuschrist this is bad lol

Is it any wonder that Gen 2 makes so many people happy when when its Pokemon look like happy, doe-eyed plush dolls? I am dead serious; it's almost nothing but :) faces, soft shapes and color palettes that are pleasing to the eye.

Attached: JOHTOOOOO.png (798x753, 670.83K)

A lot in Gen 1 feel like, "Part of the world", in that I feel no characterization with them. Like, "Oh, there's a Zubat".

With Gen2 they all feel characterized. They'll all fun to look at individually.

This has to be bait lmaoooo

>Kalos
>Good Dex
Lmao frogfags are delusional

Attached: 1656484125183.png (900x1454, 779.15K)

>Namefag
>Mass replier
A true faggot duo