NO type has it as bad as Rock

>designated fodder Boss-Pokemon type (Onix, Nosepass, Cranidos, Amaura and Tyrunt)
>only type forced to rely on sub-100 accuracy moves
>chock-full of "defensive" Pokemon that have tons of weaknesses and few redeeming qualities
>only type with no Ubers (Arceus doesn't count)
>has the least meta-viable pokemon of any type

Attached: 1655677462214.jpg (574x807, 53.18K)

Rock doesn't need any buffs because Tyranitar being the gigachad of OU makes up for it.

Attached: 7812378.jpg (1000x1000, 207.15K)

Too much effort for Game Freak.

Yes, and all other types should be brought down to rock’s level. There’s too much “any type can do anything” in the games now, they need to be more specialized and have different strengths. Rock was the physical defense. I agree rock got off on the wrong foot and should be tweaked, since its role doesnt thematically fit with the type (rock should feel more durable and not the squishiest type in the game).

Attached: 0B6BFCBC-F7F1-468D-98AF-5A1E0294C063.jpg (990x753, 470.57K)

Rock just shouldn't have as many weaknesses.
Ideally it should be a bit more like an alternative Steel. Get rid of the fucking Fighting, Ground and Steel weaknesses and add in a bunch more resistances like against Electric or Fairy (also add a resistance to Fighting because fuck Fighting)

>Fairy
Fairy does need a nerf.

Agreed. I think strong unreliable moves are a good niche for the type too, e.g. stone edge/rock throw. The rest need trimming

>Boss-Pokemon type
When headcanon goes too far.

Rock should lose its Grass weakness, and Ground should lose its Water one.

Rock losing its grass weakness would do barely anything because grass is one of the worst offensive types in the game

Meh. Bug is still an overall weaker type than Rock. At least Rock is still decent offensive-wise.

>grass is one of the worst offensive types in the game
Rillaboom is one of the best Pokemon in the game right now.

Speaking of which... why IS Rock weak to Grass? Is it just because plants can slowly erode rock or what?

Attached: 1604507518255.jpg (320x320, 43.46K)

Because of utility with Drum Beating (lowers Speed for the target) and Grassy Surge.

The Grass and Water weaknesses are fine I think, especially if you want to still have Rock as an early game gym where players are learning type weaknesses and heavily relying on the starter.
Ground actually probably should be nerfed, but it needs a nerf less than Rock needs the buff

Why does vp HATE the coyotes? Mono rock, no-guard stone edge and a priority move. What more could you ask for?

>Because of utility with Drum Beating
? post elo

Ice should resist Ground.

Attached: 1231345.png (860x834, 436.86K)

Better stats.

Ground coverage that doesn't suck

Attached: 1655694718525.png (1197x675, 378.74K)

Idk it always made sense to me, but maybe I have been conditioned to think this way like an allegorical cave in which I have never truly seen the light.

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Indeed I have been conditioned like a good goy

Something about hard ground making strong roots

Tyranitar is a bad Pokemon in OU currently. It dropped out of OU earlier and was only able to get back in due to the concerted effort of TTar-fags. The stupid fucking Brazilian set is just obnoxious.

>Mono Rock
Shit type
>No Guard
82 base speed on a Rock type? Asking for trouble. Have fun getting bowled over by everything that has more than 83 speed (most Pokemon) that have Ground/Fighting/Steel/Water/Grass moves (most Pokemon)
>Priority Move
It should be distributed to most Rock-types

>What more could you ask for?
Good Pokemon?