Give it to me straight

Is the Cybersecurity field worth getting into or is it just a meme? What certs are actually worth it & which are not?

Attached: 33F88449-F760-4497-9912-E8903570F634.png (698x487, 329.88K)

i make well over six figures full remote in the midwest working for a top security company
don't have a single cert though lmao sorry bucko

Attached: dancing.gif (270x360, 904.95K)

OSCP

?

Attached: 7C2CFA7C-8C14-4E69-87C0-CF75A3B2398E.jpg (960x960, 159.1K)

whats a top security company? name the one you work for or at least the top 10 so i can scan their job postings and see if i qualify

crowdstrike
they are still hiring

isnt that the company that the deepstate used to steal the 2020 election? i dont want to join glowie shit i dont want to be seth riched

Attached: seth rich2.png (1218x870, 79.12K)

no lol i think they had hillary's server or something
even if that was the case what better job security is there than being an arm of the deepstate

Bump

Attached: A9439EC2-2C5F-43D6-B6A3-844715AD876F.jpg (1024x821, 69.48K)

he's right. crowdstrike was the company that betrayed america. they are a company of traitors and scum.

Attached: A259DFA6-4925-4379-AD39-B63D2C7A900E.jpg (750x692, 322.54K)

I keep seeing you post this same fucking thread. Is this the new meme? Posting "bros is CYBR a good major" threads on Any Forums instead of Any Forums?

Yes, at least here it's the most money you can make without being a doctor or lawyer

Entry level certs:

Comptia Security+
Comptia network+
Pentest +

Intermediate

CISSP
CISA
CISM
Iso27001

High end

OSCP

Don't bother with vendor specific certs unless you're in sales or want to be a monkey on the tools

Don't bother with certs unless your employer pays for them or you find role that needs one, 90% of the work in this industry is translating technical sperg babble into English for boomers, focus on your soft skills, entry level jobs will hire you for just looking normal and bring interested in the topic , the industry is exhausted by turbo spergs who can't make eye contact

Forgot to add

The softskill requirement is what keeps this industry white and male

Ranjeet can't explain anything that he didn't learn by rote in his own air zoo of a country and Stacey can't grasp the basics of systems to see how they meet compliance requirements or add value

>Is the Cybersecurity field worth getting into or is it just a meme?
it's not for everybody, you need an IQ way above average, many sleepless nights, many years on getting your hands dirty, and shitload of patience, so you can only do it if you like it
i started doing reverse engineering and creating app cracks when i was 14, then graduated in computer engineering (totally unnecessary for cybersec desu, i learned more alone cracking apps and porting kernels to old phones), and now i write exploits for a living
>What certs are actually worth it & which are not?
i don't have any certification nor i will ever spend time on them, i have already learned those skilles (and more) the real way
imho they are a complete waste of time unless you want to be a corporate wagie
companies hiring people with certs are just lame defensive security vaporware or average-level iot pentesting companies
i never met a single person in real offensive sec targeting last gen mitigations having any cert, and most of them are fully independent since you can sell exploits for >$1M

>Is the Cybersecurity field worth getting into or is it just a meme?
dude tech is crashing you're like 5 years too late
>certs
top kek

>tech is crashing
if you mean speculation, yes
if you mean wiping out brainless roasties with fake certs hired only for corporate pink quotas, yes
but there is huge fucking shortage of skilled infosec white guys, the one doing the job for real you know

thanks user, i done 3 years in helpdesk and am in a bootcamp for Cyber Sec in NZ.

I have below average IQ, but I know how to use google.

it is a meme. unless you're actually good at it

>writing exploits
please elaborate

>I wanna do cyber security
>ew no I don't want to white hat!
I guess you don't have to, but you can't expect a steady job or steady pay either. Jail time is more up your alley if all you wanna do is play Mr hackerman

i find kernel bugs and then i exploit them, like the ones used in jailbreaks to put it in simple terms

how do you profit from this

nah, bullshit
you can easily sell this stuff to your local national security agency or other defence gov contractors and make millions legally