Kills off dungeons

>kills off dungeons

Attached: Mt._Coronet.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

mt coronet is the most poorly designed """dungeon""" in the series so I can see why.

>dogshit pokemon variety for all 7 floors
>no exploration at any point because there are like 6 different roadblocks that funnel you toward where the game needs you to go
>zero puzzles, the gameplay is literally just walking in the only direction you haven't gone yet that isn't blocked and clicking A in front of whatever HM obstacle is there while running/using repels for the dogshit random encounters

??? Unova and Kalos have tons of dungeons. If anything killed them, it was Ohmori since ORAS was the first game to start culling them and Alola/Galar don't have any whatsoever

If your standards are low enough to call Kalos's caves and other areas dungeons, Alola has plenty.

>If your standards are low enough to call Kalos's caves and other areas dungeons
Please be joking. Kalos has one area that is a complete miss in Glittering Cave and then they decided they liked that so well they based the entire region of Alola/Galar off of it.
Where's Reflection Cave in Alola?
Poke Ball Factory?
Frost Cavern?
Winding Woods?
Terminus Cave?
The only thing that screams "low standards" about praising Kalos's existence of dungeons is bothering to play XY at all when BW2 exist and are better in every capacity. Both regions are just a linear and story driven as Alola but the difference is that there's an actual game between the cutscenes in Gen 5/6 where every game Ohmori directed has literal straight lines for "progression".

>Alola has plenty.
I implore you. Play the games you shitpost about. It doesn't do Gen 7 any favors to blatantly lie about them and it's not even good bait to pretend it does.

Attached: gen7saves.png (788x470, 263.05K)

The only thing Alola had plenty of was cutscenes. I agree it's probably an Ohmori thing because you could see the flanderization of map design as early as ORAS.

>50831850

Attached: file.png (1366x1150, 979.87K)

Not even gen 1 has any other than power plant. The unknown dungeon is post game. Rock tunnel has onix. Seafoam is so late in the game you can skip it.

I don't even know if there are any dungeons in pokemon really, other than battle pyramid

You can't skip them if you want to catch them all.

So what you're saying is MT Coronet is easy to get through, doesn't waste your time with the piss easy trash this series calls puzzles, and there's no reason to linger there for long, but people whine about it anyway? I share this hobby with a couple of subhumans I tell you.

A dungeon needs a prize in the end, a midway point with goodies, and unique pokemon.

No games really have all of those. Theres the gible cave in sinnoh but gible is too hard to train compared to just catching it on victory road.

My problem is all caves have the same 10 pokemon and they are never structured so you have to go super deep to get some hidden 500 bst gem.

The closest to that is post waterfall meteor falls but bagon isn't insane

>"No man, walking around a maze with random encounters is totally peak game design"

Attached: 368px-Pokemon_RB_UnknownDungeon_F2.png (368x229, 225.13K)

The real problem is that resource management in Pokemon is shit and the games have streamlined it to the point where it's even less of an issue.
You can save anywhere you want, game overing has no real consequences, changing out your entire team has no consequences, money is easy as shit to find, healing is free, getting stronger is more or less free, and of course this is all with the accommodations of removed HMs, infinite TMs, broken forced Exp All, whatever.

Honestly it would be really cool to see a romhack instead of trying to go overboard with muh legends by the second gym forced you to actually consider resources. Ironically Reborn is the only game I've ever played that does this and its only because the game has an obnoxiously steep inverted difficulty curve that's only 'balanced' by obscenely bullshit endgame fights

Yes.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I've been pretty underwhelmed with the whole concept of them for a while now. Going into a cave to get Nuggets or stat items is not interesting, and it feels more like a formality in the process of getting things like TMs or mega stones.

The games really just have no stakes like said. To give credit to Gen 1, they at least thought about this exploration. Lance's Dragonites should wall the player, and you'd feel the need to explore and find rare ice types to deal with them and explore the Seafoam Islands. Don't get me wrong, the AI is fundamentally broken and can be easily cheesed, but it was something. The whole series has just been completely braindead that you have to make artificially harder by stretching out your party, rather than actually creating meaningful challenges that you have to try and explore the world to find ways around.

>zapdos and articuno arent goodies

kanto boomers will defend this garbage

Ohmori was map designer for RSE and DPPt. It was Iwao who did map design for BW, XY, and ORAS and Fujiwara who did map design for SM afaik. Director isn't the same as map designer.

Mt. Moon is a pretty good dungeon.