God! Now I have one more reason to skip this piece of shit for a game

gamesradar.com/undertales-toby-fox-is-composing-for-pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-and-this-time-my-music-is-not-optional/

God! Now I have one more reason to skip this piece of shit for a game.

They could hire the kickass composer from Pokemon Masters EX but noooooooooo, they had to hire the meme composer because he made one popular Earthbound clone!

Attached: burn_it.png (648x726, 510.99K)

Apparently James Turner found the best timing to leave GameFreak and make his own company.

The composer for Masters is okay at best. His tunes are pretty great for the fast paced spam battles of Masters but would fall apart in a slower paced game. Also it’s all remixes - the few original themes are lacklustre.

i don't think toby fox is a genius with leitmotifs i think he's actually autistic and can only make the same few songs over and over

Still better option than Toby Fox.

Also his tracks are stolen from other composers' tracks.

Toby Fox isn't even a good composer,why do people keep hiring him?

Because of the fanboys that will buy every game he compos....AHAHAHAHAHA! Who am I kidding. Nobody bought Little Town Hero.

Friendly reminder his magnum opus (Megalovania) comes straight from Brandish 2.

>they had to hire the meme composer because he made one popular Earthbound clone
This. I don't even know if they hired him because they liked his music, I wonder if they did just because he's the Undertale guy, and the music was secondary. That's the reason anyone else would, for sure.

toby fox wanted work with pokemon,he sent his job application to gamefreak and they hired him

Nearly all art is derivative. Musicians sample and take inspiration from other works all the time.

I think that them hiring Toby is kind of weird when they could've hired literally anyone else but I guess it's fine
>They could hire the kickass composer from Pokemon Masters EX but noooooooooo
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA NOBODY WANTS THAT SHITTY MASTERS MUSIC IN THE MAINLINE GAMES
Actually, it all started when Toby met with some Game Freak devs and literally just asked if he could make a song for the next Pokemon game

for all the things to shit on toby fox, i think his music is the most tame one

Ok thanks for the tip

GameFreak hired him as a composer. Therefore I don't care about his shitty writing at his games.

This is the game that feels the least like pokemon to me. Everything seems a generic unity game copy pasted with pokemon. The human characters are especially the worst part, they look like they come from shovelware titles.
I think this is the one game that has entirely killed it for me. I can't even see it as a weird spinoff. It's just a bootleg masquerading with its corpse.

Fuck Toby Fox, give me Keita Haga or Yuki Kajiura as a Pokemon music composter

i agree, especially about the humans. They look like some crap you'd find on youtube kids.

Shit take but I liked most of SwSh's music. I also enjoy Toby's music, and I thought he had a bigger role in the swsh soundtrack then he actually did. In fact he composed the worst song in the game. Hopefully he does better in sv

He used a bunch of shitty soundfonts for the Battle Tower music but in SV he's using actual VSTs that the other Pokemon composers use

Fuck Undertale and Fuck Toby! Is what I would say but I've never played Undertale and I heard nothing but kind things about Fox........

I think the people are a little too uncanny. Realistic doesn't equal better. Sure, we can have a realistic environment, but having realistic-looking human characters combined with cartoony-looking monsters like Fuecoco just makes it look like something ain't right.

>Realistic doesn't equal better
Yeah. Take Detective Pikachu live action movie for example.

He makes autism music it’ll fill in perfectly with Pokémon