Does this game have ANYTHING going for it besides the fact that it's "a bold experiment from a stale franchise" and a...

Does this game have ANYTHING going for it besides the fact that it's "a bold experiment from a stale franchise" and a "breath of fresh air"?

I tried playing for a few hours and I really don't understand where the fun is in this game.

Attached: Pokemon_Legends_Arceus_cover.jpg (220x220, 22.57K)

if you like collecting and catching mons then its fun
if you like battling and planning teams it is not that much fun
simple

I don't really get the praise for the game either. I didn't go in expecting to hate it, but I really did in the end. The catching felt even more tedious than before after the novelty of it wore off, the environments were empty and I just did not enjoy playing it. Its the first Pokemon I ever dropped.

Just like how Gen 7 blatantly tried to copy Yokai Watch, this game blatantly tried to copy BOTW and Monster Hunter.
There's no originality in this franchise anymore.

For some people innovation is all that matters. Also open worlds are trendy.

Attached: 1643595628808.jpg (1280x720, 229.08K)

I liked that it gave some actually difficulty. Plus the Volo/Giratina fight was awesome.

If you like battling, the Daybreak update added a lot of battle-focused content. The Path of Solitude is full of fun puzzles, and the Eternal Battle Reverie is more like a traditional battle facility.

...does it? Everyone complains about late-game trainers in most Pokemon games only having 3-5 mons, but PLA had you fighting 1-mon teams into the endgame with only a few exceptions.

I forced Wyrdeer on top of a mountain it shouldn't have been able to go up and caught a level 42 Machoke well before I should have. You can fuck around but Zoomers all have ADHD and hate anything that doesn't have bright colors and flashing lights like their childhood toys

Shiny collector simulator: EZ Bake level

translation:
>WAAAAAAAAAAH WHY ARE THERE NO POINTLESS TRAINER BATTLES WHERE I JUST MINDLESSLY CLICK A AGAINST SHITMONS

I'm sorry I don't like the things you like, user. I see that you don't like the games I like, either. That's okay. I'm happy to explain what I find appealing about them if you'd like, but with this thread, I'm first asking what YOU like about PLA. I won't make fun of your reasons, I'm just genuinely at a loss. Try as I might, I don't understand the appeal of the core gameplay loop, and am interested in hearing what other people think about it. Perhaps you'll give me the perspective needed for me to understand and maybe even enjoy the game.

>I'm happy to explain what I find appealing about them if you'd like
Go ahead, name them.

Legends is a game which does a couple of differations from the main series and then copy and pastes it for 20 hours. In other words, a tech demo. Starving fans ate it up as the second coming because each new entry is continously shitter than previous but this gave the illusion that it wasn't

>the gameplay is copy pasted for 20 hours!
so it's a pokemon game?

yes but dumbed down battles and less to do

If you somehow don't understand ""where the fun is in this game"" I don't know what the fuck to tell you.

Just go back to linear paths to fight gym leaders, we've had it for 8 fucking generations now

Please explain the fun then

>yes but dumbed down battles
Are you joking? This is one of 2 games in the entire series where you actually have to put thought into some of the battles instead of mindlessly mashing A until you reach the credits.

Mindlessly press A in battle facilities then

You're just rewording the cliches listed in the OP. Without referencing Red/Green through BD/SP, what do you like about PLA?

Which battles did you find hard in PLA? The only fights I thought had a little bit of interesting nuance were the Noble fights. The third person shooter mechanics were a little half-baked imo, but I suppose I understand if they were what sold you on the game.

>Please explain the fun
Autism in a nutshell

I'm asking your point of view
What did you enjoy about the game?