Move/mechanic meta thread

What are some changes that you would make to the mechanics or particular moves if you had the chance? To get the ball rolling here are a few of mine.
Change toxic back to 100% accuracy but if used by a non poison type pokemon it only inflicts poison.
Using Toxic on a pokemon that is already poisoned will change it into Toxic.
Change paralysis so that when it activates you get -6 speed for that turn rather than losing the whole turn.
Change freeze so that it works like paralysis does now and when it activates you lose the turn.
Roost only gives you 25% health back when you use it and you don't get the other 25% until the end of the turn.
Bring back pursuit but make it uneffected by typing.
Feint ignores the effect of psychic terrain.

Attached: 1401080143087.jpg (485x361, 130K)

Getting hit while Sleeping should wake up a pokémon

Bug should be immune to Psychic instead of Dark

Steel should not resist Grass

>Getting hit while Sleeping should wake up a pokémon
That would definitely make spore spam a lot less annoying but i'm having a hard time imagining if that would be a nerf or a buff to using Rest.

Too big a change in my opinion ruins sleep talk and renders nightmare and dream eater even more unusable, outside of sleep talk shenanigans sleep is mainly used for set up fodder anyway.

Rest would still work the same, set 2 turns of sleep

all moves that put opponent to sleep fail when used two times in a row

ALL fire, fighting, steel moves should release you from frozen status

substitute consumes 30% of health

delete toxapex or at least delete recover from his move pool

>Steel should not resist Grass

Attached: 3f71d736604a6ec0218d9dd3bea1064f.jpg (274x300, 19.24K)

I just want pursuit back, regenerator + heavy duty boots glass cannon spam have been so shit to play against this gen and every match lasts 30 turns longer than necessary because of it.

Sleep, Toxic, and Freeze can only be caused by inflicting Drowsy, Poison, and Frostbite on a Pokemon already afflicted by those statuses. Poison types can still 1-turn Toxic you.

Wide Lens from 1.1x accuracy to 1.3x accuracy

Hidden Power returns, but with a random Hidden Power value that is independent of your IVs. HP Fairy added. Can change your Hidden Power value with an item that cost 10 BP at a battle facility.

Run Away now prevents you from being trapped by Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, Mean Look, and etc.

Illuminate functions like No Guard now

Hail and Sandstorm buff Ice and Rock type damage by 50% like Rain and Sun do for Water/Fire type attacks.

Ice types receive an inherent Ice Body effect. Ice Body is changed to be a Frostbite version of Flame Body since its current effect is now innate.

Ice now resists Water. Scald is super effective against Ice types now. Scald's base power reduced to 70.

Surf/TBolt/Flamethrower/etc back to 95 base power. Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder/Hydro Pump/etc back to 120 base power.

Attached: 1655305019632.jpg (2122x2098, 373.11K)

>Hail and Sandstorm buff Ice and Rock type damage by 50% like Rain and Sun do for Water/Fire type attacks.
I thought they were pretty measured until here that is insane rock already gets +50% spdef in sand and ice gets no acc check blizzards ontop of aurora veil not to mention the chip damage they cause.

Oh yeah, I forgot some other bad ability buffs

Early Bird now guarantees you will wake up from Sleep and Drowsy in 1 turn

Bad Dreams doubles the accuracy of Dark Void

Battle Armor and Shell Armor also now prevent secondary effects like Flamethrower's 10% burn chance or Iron Head's 20% flinch chance

Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent/Swarm now also have a built in Serene Grace while active. For example, Flamethrower has a 20% Burn chance when under 33% hp.

Attached: __cirno_touhou_drawn_by_noriuma__sample-4e4e418ca3bd67a57c5402b8bc563549[1].jpg (850x1216, 80.53K)

Rock and Ice are still terrible types that no one uses. Rock's strongest attacks are Stone Edge (80 acc 100 power) and Rock Slide (90 acc and 75 power). The 50% damage boost would make Stone Edge equivalent to Head Smash, a move with terrible distribution, in power. Plus, I thought Ice needed a little something since it no longer had insta-freeze, and I didn't want to give it back insta-freeze either since that is really lame to go up against.

Alternatively, you could give Rock-type attacks perfect accuracy in Sandstorm or something. Anything to help that type not be one of the worst in the game.

NOOOOOO THINK OF THE GHOST AND PSYCHIC TYPE!!

THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FUCK AROUND AND SPAM CHOICE LOCKED ATTACKS AND NEVER HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS NOOOOO

Attached: 1457664771915.jpg (672x658, 79.56K)

>you could give Rock-type attacks perfect accuracy in Sandstorm or something.
I would be down for this but gamefreak would never do that shit perfect accuracy rock slide in VGC would be really oppressive and that is the only format they seem to give a shit about.

Attached: cd9.jpg (499x506, 48.15K)

I just want Sandstorm and Hail to be more "complete" weathers. Sun and Rain have loads of support and interactions. Sandstorm and Hail have squat.

They have the characteristic of being widely useful and have more passive, easier to activate upsides
SS, even before the SpD buff was arguably usable and useful in a match where none of the twelve mons were "aligned" with the weather while sun and rain do literally nothing if you don't have specific abuser abilities, click very specific moves or more often just click the aligned types

>Status effects can now override or stack with others but go away after so many turns, similar to Legends. Poison, Paralysis and Burn can all stack with one another and each lasts 5 turns by default. Freeze overrides all other effects and lasts indefinitely until cured or switched out. Sleep doesn't change in how long it lasts, now stacks with other status effects.
>Frostbite is made a separate status from Freeze. Works like it does in Legends. Most Ice moves now cause this status and Freeze is only caused by a few moves and has a low chance of occurring. Frostbite can be cured by using your own Fire move or Scald, but unlike Freeze you don't lose it if you're hit by an opponent's move or Sunny Day.
>Freeze ends when switching out as I said earlier. It also may be ended if the frozen Pokemon is hit by a contact move and definitely if that move is a crit.
>Drowsy is added and works like Legends in that it makes you less likely to act but also increases damage you take. If you are hit with an Electric move (or Electric Terrain is up) you can shed it. You can also wake up from taking direct damage. If you are made Drowsy again, it just becomes full on Sleep.
>Sleeping Pokemon now can wake up from taking direct damage. They also take a little more damage than normal, similar to Drowsy.
>Toxic can now override regular poison, just changing the status over to Toxic. It keeps the 90% accuracy but loses the "never misses if used by Poison types" gimmick
>Paralysis can affect Electric types again if it's caused by a non-Electric move. Pikachu should be able to be paralyzed by Body Slam idc if you don't like it. Thunder Wave receives a similar change where it's no longer guaranteed to hit if used by an Electric type
>Prankster can hit a Dark type again. It doesn't make a ton of sense that they avoid it altogether. Instead they're now immune to moves and abilities that limit their move choices (but not items), so Taunt, Torment, Dazzling...

Attached: 250px-Murkrow_anime.png (250x141, 43.28K)

Sandstorm was "useful" in Gen 3 because it was always active and cancelled out leftovers for non Steel/Ground/Rock types. It helps that it was attached to the single best Pokemon in the tier.

>sun and rain do literally nothing if you don't have a specific abuser abilities, click very specific moves, or more often just click the aligned types
Sun and Rain have tons of interactivity aside from the speed doubling abilities. Literally every Water and Fire move that deals damage is affected, for starters. It moves STAB Surf into STAB Hyper Beam territory with no drawbacks. Not to mention moves like Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Thunder, Hurricane, Moonlight, Synthesis, and Morning Sun, and abilities like Forecast, Dry Skin, Hydration, Rain Dish, Flower Gift, Leaf Guard, and Solar Power.

Rain and Sun were very good even in Gen 3. Ubers was Weather Wars central. Sandstream was fine in OU because it was so much worse than Drizzle and Drought (that and Kyogre and Groudon are just better Pokemon). The only thing keeping Rain and Sun back was the unavailability of Drizzle and Drought in non-restricted formats and lower tiers of play. As soon as Drizzle and Drought got some spread it showed how strong they really were.

>Sun and Rain have loads of support and interactions.
this is the real problem to be honest sun and rain lend themselves to a varied team because of how they support other types ontop of thier own buffs thunder/hurricane/solarbeam/growth/harvest ect. outside of chip damage breaking sash and slush/sand rush they dont provide any benefit for non ice/rock types.

I'm not arguing about power level but about "general applicability", my answer was meant for
Like, if you're not specifically built around the weather, drizzle is "just" a +1 on your stab where sandsworm will probably affect like, six out of twelve mons in a game to the point where it's often just splashed in teams that happen to run two steel types and a cleff or something similar

Some more ideas. Feel free to rip to shreds

>Baton Pass no longer passes on volatile status conditions like Confusion or Attraction

>Attraction now works no matter the gender, it just is more likely to stop you from attacking if the genders are opposite

>Confused Pokemon now have a chance to hit themselves OR the wrong target (still does fractional typeless damage)

>Snow joins Hail as a second weather for Ice. Most abilities that activate on Hail now activate for Snow instead, except for Ice Body (which remains with Hail). Snow increases the power of Ice type moves, decreases the power of Grass, makes Blizzard 100% accurate and also allows the use of Aurora Veil. It has similar effects to Hail with other moves (Solar Beam, etc). Hail is now caused by a separate ability to Snow Warning and loses the 100% accurate Blizzards but does still allow Aurora Veil and still affects moves like Solar Beam, etc. It also now buffs the physical Def of Ice types, similar to Sandstorm. It also no longer deals damage to Fire types. To separate the two weathers more, Hail is now learned by a lot more Pokemon not just ice types and starts appearing in areas of the game that aren't just icy, considering real world hail is more of a spring/summer phenomenon. This also now makes a clear distinction between hail being the weather for more defensive teams and snow being the weather for more offensive teams, with the exception of Aurora Veil obviously

>Acid Rain is added as a new weather. It works similar to Hail and Sandstorm but deals damage to all but Poison and Steel types. While Acid Rain is active, the chance of moves causing the poison status doubles. It does not affect the defenses of poison types because that feels like it might be a bit much. It also does not increase the power of poison moves, but does affect other weather-based moves

>Forecast now automatically causes weather upon switching in if the Pokemon is holding a weather rock.

It's not just a +1 on STAB. Plenty of Pokemon have Water and Fire coverage that can take advantage of the Weather. Not to mention the dampening effect on moves of certain types makes Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor to be harder to kill, making them viable on those teams.

>Attraction now works no matter the gender
No thanks

>this is the real problem to be honest sun and rain lend themselves to a varied team
That's why I think we should fix Sandstorm and Hail to have more interactions so they feel more integrated with the other weathers. Right now it feels like you would only ever really consider using Sandstorm or Hail if you had Slush Rush/Sand Rush or Aurora Veil. Meanwhile you can make use of Rain or Sun on any team without Fire types, since the dampening effects are a universal buff to your team's defenses, and the interactivity with moves/items/abilities make them easy to use advantageously.

Attached: 1610246017984.jpg (567x603, 56.9K)

Well I just think it's kind of silly that the thing even exists. Has nothing to do with gender-based shit, I just want more use for it as a status. I'm sure they can find some way to make it more interesting