Why was the Pokemon Anime not as good as the YuGiOh one?

Why was the Pokemon Anime not as good as the YuGiOh one?

Attached: 2232.jpg (1280x720, 146.75K)

Yugioh was written to tell a story, which then later became a product. Pokemon started as a product and the anime is an ad for it.

No Kaiba

>Pokemon: Kept the core premise intact, while translating the abstract turn-based combat into dynamic real-time fights
>Yu-Gi-Oh: Just characters playing a card game

Cause the yugioh anime, just like the game, is just bullshit on top of bullshit.
You think that pic related is bullshit?
Just wait until the you see a dude summoning a monster with infinite attack points, only for Yugi to use a loophole in the rules to bounce the attack of two of his monsters between each other until it's also infinite and then summon a third so he can make his attack more than infinite and destroy the opponent's monster to win the duel!

More like YuGiCope

Attached: laugh at the xyfag.png (543x598, 465.47K)

>Ash Age
>Goku's Hair
>Luffy's Autism
>Ichigo's Plot Loopholes
>Still failed
Yu-Gi-Turds.....

>pokemon: toddlers leaving home to beat the fuck out of wild pokemon, forcing them into balls, and use them as battle tools to get fame and money. Later became a furry globohomo propaganda
>Yu-Gi-Oh!: a young kid with a puzzle spirit and other school friends team up to fight bad guys through shadow games. Later it became a product for cards

They were pretty much the same, bullshit after bullshit to just move the plot forward.
Yugioh just happens to have better filler episodes.

>through shadow games.
Nigger they are cards

the yughio one was written by a story writer who then went on to shill but still had a goal in mind for the story to end
pokemon anime was made to sell merchandise after the game was a hit. The lore/lack of story and lore in RB/GS was dank as fuck compared to the anime lore

>Later it became a product for cards
The cards came out first, kiddo. Go suck your mom's tits. You are too young for this board.

Different target audience, the Yuugiou manga was targeted at older teenagers, at least in the beginning. Also I think introducing completely new characters each new series is good and I wouldn't mind the Pokémon anime doing that
Also this

Pokemon has an immortal protagonist with amnesia, not because the story demands it but because that is required to sell toys/games. The pokemon anime is just an ad with almost no redeeming qualities. Its even an inferior ad, since transformers, he-man, Gi Joe, and the tmnt were also ads but at least they respected their audience.

Pretty sure the author changed it to a card game manga after all the mails he got asking if one of the shadow games was an actual game

>yugioh anime
bad anime for teenagers
>pokemon anime
bad anime for children

Attached: 1651925840198.png (120x120, 13.03K)

Pokemon is literally just about Ash. YuGiOh doesn't always focus on the MC and has an interesting cast, regardless of the season.

Yes. How the fuck do people not know this when it took months for the card game to appear in the manga and then another half year to appear a second time? The real world card game was made after the Pegasus arc, which is why that arc is so full of weird ass rules that don't actually exist in the real world game.

>interesting
Nigga please. The only interesting character is the gag character had the time (Joey, or Chad the chadster). As if the Yugioh show doesn’t almost entirely focus on the MC and how much of a chosen one he is, with the complete filler episode focusing on a side character. Just because the names change every season, doesn’t mean it ain’t the same shit.

The Yu-Gi-Oh anime is beyond retarded, I'm not even for a second going to pretend it was ever good.
That said, it was an entertaining clusterfuck and I do love it for that.

Really? I found the yugioh anime boring when I was a kid