Hisuian Abilities

Since is confirmed that we'll get them in SV, which abilities and HA do you think will they have? Do you see some of them being broken? I think that Goodra will

Attached: dttc4ga8joc81-scaled.jpg (2401x2560, 508.6K)

Don't most (if not al) of them retain their normal form's abilities/HA's?

Abilities didn't exist in Arceus

Internally, yes, but PLA is rife with all kinds of placeholder data.
Officially, their abilities have yet to be revealed.
It's not unrealistic to suppose there will be some departures from the datamined copypaste, but then again this is GameFreak we're talking about..

Their official HA's have been datamined for a long time now. Look them up on Bulbapedia.

placeholders until proven otherwise

It kinda is - they made intuitive changes to most that got a changed ability (H-Sneasel gaining Poison Touch, White Basculin getting Rattled to reflect its flightier nature, H-Avalugg getting Strong Jaw to highlight its new mandibles), but the basic facts of the matter are they didn't want to change most, so didn't bother.
You're free to disbelieve me, but I distinctly remember telling people pre-Legends release/H-Samurott's reveal that regional forms by-and-large don't drastically change a pokémon's posture and bipedal Samurott was a bust only to be proven right. If they went to the arse of coding in abilities (like they did with LGPE, I might add) then the listed Abilities are what the pokémon are going to have in the series.

Every other Pokemon also has there regular ability's so i doubt they are place holders but you crazy if you think they will get something good on gamefreaks dime

They didn't in LGPE either, Game Freak STILL coded the pokémon in as if they were making a core game, before dummying most the core game aspects out (abilities, EV's).

in the case you don't know, some pokemon (like both bird and beast trio iirc) had unused HAs coded in gen 5, but since they hadn't been officially released for gen 5, they had their HAs changed again in gen 6. So it's not unrealistic

Attached: 1656291564781.png (392x344, 78.96K)

Not really useful, but I would give Scrappy for H-Zoroark

See you in November.

Attached: 1505534649419.png (600x600, 122.25K)

I'm just saying it happened once and it's not unrealistic
Either things can happen

>coded the pokémon in
They just took a previous build and dummied down, they don't start from scratch each time.

Not in the case of the new Regionals, you retarded little monkey.

We've seen abilities change with no warning, so its possible, though unlikely. If sheer force Ursaluna ravages the metagame, then it will go the way of Gengar

Alolan forms were in SM.

If Game Freak wanted to make them viable while still keeping them cogent thematically:

>Electrode
Competitive/Static/Aftermath
>Arcanine
Intimidate/Rock Head/Justified
>Typhlosion
Blaze/White Smoke
>Qwilfish/Overqwil
Poison Point/Swift Swim/Intimidate
>Sneasel/Sneasler
Slush Rush/Poison Touch
>Samurott
Torrent/Tough Claws
>Lilligant
Chlorophyll/Adaptability/Leaf Guard
>Basculin/Basculegion
Rattled/Adaptability/Cursed Body
>Zorua/Zoroark
Illusion Unova version gets Stakeout, Hisuian version gets Shadow Shield
>Braviary
Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Competitive
>Avalugg
Just fucking scrap it holy shit it's unsalvageable
>Goodra
Sap Sipper/Gooey/Overcoat
>Decidueye
Overgrow/Technician
>Wyrdeer
Intimidate/Serene Grace/Sap Sipepr
>Kleavor
Swarm/Sheer Force/Weak Armor
>Ursaluna
Guts/Bullet Proof/Intimidate

This.
I can see a handful being changed, or replaced with a new gen 9 ability, but beyond that, I'm pretty confident that what we've seen is what we'll get.

>Avalugg
>Just fucking scrap it holy shit it's unsalvageable
*only because of game freak's incompetency and the type chart being a popularity contest

Things would be much different if this wasn't the case, but it would be one less thread material because "Rock-type Pokémon bad" / "Ice-type Pokémon bad" would no longer be a valid complaint.

>>Typhlosion
>Blaze/White Smoke
Serene Grace fits the lore better since its specified that H Typhlosion has "graceful and refined movements", and synergizes with Infernal Parade

>Avalugg
>Just fucking scrap it holy shit it's unsalvageable
True but for the sake of completeness give it Hard Rock and pretend that will help it.
Seriously how the fuck did so many things go wrong with a Pokemon.

>Seriously how the fuck did so many things go wrong with a Pokemon.
Game Freak took notes on a few complaints regarding some Rock-type Pokémon:
- Aurorus's typing and not even having Power Gem (Rock/Ice)
- Tyrantrum having Strong Jaw and no biting moves with STAB
- Drednaw being the same with Tyrantrum but with its exclusive biting move not having STAB
- Rock-type Pokémon usually having shit Special Defense
- Rock-type Pokémon usually being too slow for hyper offense and too fast for Trick Room (what did you think the +10 to Speed was for?)
- Rock-type moves having shit accuracy (Mountain Gale (even though it's an Ice-type move) has 85% accuracy and 100 BP while Pyro Ball gets to have 90% accuracy, a burn chance, and 120 BP)

Fuck Game Freak.

Serene Grace would work. I was just thinking of it being a pretty viable answer to speed control in doubles.