ITT: Good roadblocks

ITT: Good roadblocks

Attached: drunk man.png (1031x751, 143.28K)

snorlax is pretty much the peak example of a good roadblock.

>requires the player to unlock themselves with a tool they gain instead of it arbitrarily vanishing after x point like pretty much every retarded gen 5 roadblock
>triggers a battle that gives you the chance to catch a rare new pokemon that's decently challenging to catch
>two different locations so you can still pick which way to progress

first fucking game in the series they designed a good roadblock and then they just regressed from there.

Attached: snorlax1-rby.png (588x529, 94.08K)

boomers btfo

Attached: 8z9aPHx.png (326x245, 67.11K)

Yup that one and Sudowoodo are the only good roadblocks IMO.

I'm actually surprised that "roadblock pokemon" hasn't been a recurring trope in the Pokedex. We've got lots of tropes that reappear in a lot of generations (if not in every gen). You could go a lot of ways with this too, like pic related being situated on a broader route, but always blowing the character back if they got too close.
But no. We got Snorlax and Sudowoodo and... Crustle?

Attached: _844_gigantamax_sandaconda_by_tesla_stargrazer_ddp5khj-fullview.jpg (1280x1280, 112.81K)

Kanto is so well designed its nuts. I have no idea why they shat the bed so much after gen 3.
Don't forget Kecleon.

It also suits the universe.
In a Pokemon world, it makes sense that inconveniences would be caused by Pokemon.

Every pokemon game has roadblock
Because it's part of the culture

This bunch Psyduck's pissed me off Im going to kick their asses

Attached: 1656252140066.jpg (511x389, 25.63K)

ANOTHER one out of my way bitches

Attached: 1656252223754.jpg (644x476, 43.08K)

Unova is so shit and stupid

Blackout it doesn't matter
Because It's broad daylight motherfucker

Attached: 1656252372095.png (256x192, 8.85K)

Wtf is wrong with this tree

Attached: 1656253115433.png (256x192, 8.44K)

Continue
This tree looks like a Retard

Sonia taking her smelly boots off and leaving them out on the side of the road, the stink of her boots is so unbearable that you're unable to get close and walk past them until you stay long enough to get used to the awful smell

Actually true
I always thought it was funny and a subversion on the typical roadblocks by being hilariously dumb on purpose
Everyone here has autism though so they don't know how to detect things like "irony" and "sarcasm" and just use this pic when they say unova bad lol

>it looks like a retard

Attached: download (4).jpg (225x225, 8.71K)

Did I offend you

Holyshit english killed the SOVL of this entire franchise

>I have no idea why they shat the bed so much after gen 3.
Dey kicked satoshi tajiri out of everything. Also, masuda happened

ive never seen this one before, i suppose ive never tried to go to cycling road before i got the bike (which i assume this is?)

Attached: Brez naslova.png (936x2504, 2.71M)

This is worse than the one from BW that everybody shits on,

This is a romhack, not the original

ah, i was wondering why it was never mentioned in these types of threads

Dunno about Good roadblocks, but the worst certainly are from RSE.

I can understand why they put the Rock Smash stone to block paths, but why that fucking rock respawn every time? The one from Route 111 (north mauville) is one of the dumbest examples of lack of attention in gamedesign that I've seen.

The same goes to the secret bases that are "protected" by the same king of rock, like the ones from route 114, before Meteor Falls.

At least, Kecleon worked as a suitable Road Block Pokémon. Not iconic as Snorlax or Sudowoodo, but it works. Then, they dumped the concept in Gen 4.

Excuses