/TCC/ - Trading Card Collectors

Dog Ass Edition

Previous: FAQ: pastebin.com/MypNBzca

Attached: 1614808661906.jpg (1125x1496, 1.26M)

Attached: 27.jpg (1210x1613, 684.82K)

Why did they have to make these new radiant cards so ugly and boring?

Got some interesting mail to share.

I had never heard of these Best of Game cards but looking into them they are really cool. They're the last Pokemon cards WotC ever released, even after Aquapolis. They were given out at the WotC ran tournaments as a celebration of some of the best competitive cards WotC released after they realized they were losing the Pokemon license. These Winner cards were given to the judges and staff. Regular attendees got cards without the Winner stamp on them.

I have another in the mail still also. Think I've going to finish the set.

Attached: mail call 70.jpg (770x1017, 128.02K)

Das it mayne

Attached: 822480DA-4009-44C6-BEA9-758EEA6C975B.jpg (1280x718, 307.1K)

Attached: 20220528_142832.jpg (2050x2837, 1.4M)

clean your keyboard user

>these cards are like 25 cents now

based pokemon co overprinting everything

Decided to do something for a hobby and busted out my large collection of pokemon cards in a shoebox and binder.

Surprisingly have a lot of Base/Fossil/Jungle set cards (None 1st but I could care less)

The thing i'm most excited to do is see how many bootleg cards i still have, those are my favorite.

Pic related is one I found in the collection, rather humorous.

>be me
>tired af
>don't add the actual fucking image.
Here.

Attached: IMG_20220626_083443.jpg (4624x3468, 1.56M)

I want at least one Crystal Type pokemon card in my collection.

The cheapest is... Golem?

if youre okay with reverses yeah probably. kindgra is on the cheaper side too

Do reverse crystals look better?

Attached: mewtwo.jpg (1536x2048, 965.9K)

the best card in the first two series.

Nobody wants to collect things that aren’t rare. May as well collect paper clips. Not sure why TCG thinks this is a good thing. Scarcity drives more demand.

tcg doesnt benefit when you resell cards

nvm i think the non reverse look good. Im just obsessed with the cosmos holofoil pattern

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to figure out a good long-term solution for storing my vintage cards.

Currently they're just in a binder in a plastic storage box, I want to add some moisture absorbing packets to counter humidity.

Don't want to get them graded currently, so I basically want to "slab them" myself, either using the Ultra Pro One-touch or something like pic related. I think the screw cases are probably the best bet in terms of long-term storage because they're very rigid and seal the card inside. Very little exposure to humidity or the outside environment.

I don't like the fact the One-touch cases are just magnetic and seem less secure. They seem better fit for more temporary protection.

However, are there any considerations with the screw down cases (like pic related) in terms of the screw stripping or getting stuck? Like what if for some reason I couldn't get the screw out and the card was stuck inside?

Not sure what I could even do to get the card out if a scenario like that occurred.

So which do you think is the best option to protect my cards in the long run? Feel free to suggest other options as well if there are better cases out there.

Attached: 419.jpg (890x931, 65.47K)

Those are for displaying, not for storage. Shits going to be really expensive if you're just going to store them in a box for no real reason. Just get a zip binder, double sleeve and place a desiccant in the binder.

Just use penny sleeves and top loaders stupid fuck.

*collects all of the 25 cent full art trainer galleries*

your move

Attached: 8fa.jpg (620x675, 70.92K)

I stored my childhood cards in a three ring binder under my bed for 20 years and they were fine