Blatantly overpowered and overcentralizing

>Blatantly overpowered and overcentralizing
>Top used mon in OU for 4 fucking generations in a row
>Always 50-60% usage rate, huge gap between it and the second place as well

>Question this
>"ACKSHUALLY"
> No real reason given other than "hurr the entire meta artificially revolves around it, if we ban it too many things would change durr"
>Dismissed by the switchtard council, showdown playerbase eats it up

Smogon is a mental illness.

Attached: 645-therian.png (1280x1280, 190.74K)

didn't care didn't read

Eat shit smogontard

>Shitmon used ice beam!

Real talk, SS is a shitty OU because they banned basically all the new mons except bulky offense (Corviknight, Slowking-G, Urshifu-RS) or HO (Dragapult, Regieleki). They banned something like 20% of the new mons and 20% of the mons from Gen VII OU that got buffed.
Hard to justify it as a meta when it's got less diversity than Gen VII or natdex. Is this why everyone moved back to Gen IV?

>thwarted by any ice move user or bulky water especially now since Z-Fly isn't a thing
>walled by corv/skarm
>walled by Ferro/Tangrowth aside from shitty gimmick sets
Seems pretty counterable to me. You're confusing "it's used often because it has many options to patch holes on a team" with "it's used often because it's literally unstoppable"
>SS is a shitty OU because they banned basically all the new mons except bulky offense (Corviknight, Slowking-G, Urshifu-RS) or HO (Dragapult, Regieleki)
Dracovish and G-Darm are HO you moron.

What exactly did they ban other than G-Darm, Dracovish, Cinderace and Spectrier?

Urshifu single strike, Kyurem, Magearna.

Landorus isn't even the best at any of its options, it's used because it has viability in multiple roles as a wildcard.
There's no sense in banning it when it's literally just a matter of git gud.

>G-darm banned because you had to guess which set it was running and if you called it wrong you lose
I think the smogon council is all just faggots in Lando T fursuits buttfucking each other

Now try that again without meme arrow speak.

Except making a wrong guess about Lando-T didn't cost you the whole game because, again, it's NOT PARTICULARLY GREAT at any of its options.

>Landorus isn't even the best at any of its options
This doesn't matter the problem with landorus-therian is that it encompasses too many roles into a single slot which means you don't have to run said theoretically better at said niche because landorus not only brings that niche but fulfills a secondary role which is what allows it to flourish.

Landorus therian is great at every role it fills, if it wasn't it wouldn't be as widely used as it is, Incineroar has a lot of the same qualities that landorus does but is far inferior for numerous reasons. And landorus isn't even the worst example. That honor goes to snorlax in gen 2 with his 100% usage as well as being the best pokemon in the uber tier. And somehow that's allowed in OU.

I don't think that was the reason, band vs scarf and what move it was locked into was fairly easy.
The problem was the meme BD/sub set.
Also, virtually all the banned mons in Gen VIII shit on Lando, OU's glue, so it makes sense that they'd be banned.

That's only 1 new mon

Both Kyurem and magearna were perfectly legal in gen 7 OU, They both got a buff in gen 8 which put them over the edge for some. I personally think Kyurem could've stayed.

> I personally think Kyurem could've stayed.
The main theme of whoever is playing Gen VIII OU is they hate RNG and they hate mispredicting. Kyurem was guilty of both.
This is also why King's Rock was banned, and why Smogon is trying to institute a freeze ban.
Freeze is an issue now because of Freeze Dry being spammable due to the wider distribution it got in Gen VIII. Scald is also being looked at for a potential ban.
If the SWSH meta ever continued on we might see Weavile get banned as well. This is the absolute state of fanfic.

honestly thank god we forced them to freeze the tiers with HitmonGOAT otherwise they would have suspect Weavile even though it's perfectly fine

>Low elp retard
Landorus isn't banned because it's not over powering,:

It's too slow to beat any 100+ speed mon and choice users
Weak to ice which everyone runs coverage of regardless of Landorus's presence
Runs the risk of activating Defiant and getting the whole team wrecked. (130+1 attack with knock off/brave bird is nothing to shake off)
It can't hit anything that's in the air without stone edge but then it loses utility
No reliable recovery means it will probably die before the match is over
Ground attacks only mean it can't hurt anything in grassy terrain

Of you want something to ban, it should be Kartana as it becomes nearly impossible to counter in the late game and sweeps your entire team the second your flying bro gets under 40%. All while having good. At that poont it comes a guessing game if it's going to use leaf blade for your slowbro, Sacred sword for your steelmon or knock off just to be safe.

maybe if ice wasn't such a shit type. it's gamefreak's fault for making shitty ice types

Show me a single game where Lando was, without question, overpowered and over centralizing. I'll wait.