Why is XY so popular with the fanbase?

Why is XY so popular with the fanbase?

Attached: gf.png (1146x5498, 2.64M)

>#57 lowest rated NS role-playing game
KEK

It was the angstiest generation that came out right when the loudest portion of the fan base hit puberty

>that red wedge for swsh
Jesus that is brutal.

Unironically the anime. It carried XY and was the best marketing they could have done

They've been re-using the same models creatures inc made for xy nearly a decade ago

Attached: gen vi.gif (740x416, 2.94M)

I honestly don't know. Pokemon suddenly became "cool" again during its release, after steadily loosing more and more relevance for the previous three or so gens.
And what's strange is that it precipitated a lot of big events like Go and the Switch. Hell, it came out at a time when Nintendo as a whole was in a bad rut.
I remember the hype around it clearly but in hindsight I can't really explain how it happened.

Attached: 1573164792305.jpg (800x600, 135.99K)

>she kissed ash

Attached: 1471135152588.jpg (682x450, 28.68K)

XY is the blandest Pokemon game, not the worst but it is really boring and i never tried to do a second playthrough after beating it in one week in late 2013.

It's too big of a franchise to take the risks that gen 5 took, that's why people didn't like it. When your villain is putting the whole morality of the basic premise of your series into question, holy shit that's too heavy for the monster catching game for 8 year olds. So gen 6 returns to a villain that wants to destroy the world and remake it in his image. It felt like a huge step backwards but it's what people want.

>XY is the blandest Pokemon game
t. wasn't around when it released

>It's too big of a franchise to take the risks that gen 5 took
gen 7 took bigger risks than gen 5 and it was still more popular than gen 5. It's funny how unova fanboys keep making up excuses for why their games are shit instead of just accepting that their games are shit.

god I'm fucking old
when did this happen

Attached: 1511279616099.png (568x454, 366.87K)

>*heals your party during the cutscene*

Because XY was the single biggest leap in gameplay and graphics prior to PLA.

>3D interactive Pokemon
>More detailed cities, towns and world landmarks
>Character creation
>Seamless multiplayer integration
>Competitive features like EVs becoming transparent

Attached: Greninja in the city.png (400x240, 166.61K)

And of course. Fairies and Type rebalancing. Specifically Sylveon which confused the masses for months on end.

Megas were also a big addition, but they were eventually replaced.

Attached: Sylveon Pre-Release.png (397x600, 576.73K)

>*is still harder than every other game anyways*

The release for XY was so kino. First games to be released simultaneously worldwide so the leaks where extremely hype.

Attached: rux8xd7orfyz.jpg (659x609, 30.1K)

>SM
>harder than every other game

yeah, you're right, USUM is actually harder than it, by bad :)

>hardest boss fight in the game can be defeated with a single Zorua