Breaking free of poverty mindset

Many of us did not grow up even upper middle class, never mind affluent, but crytpo gave us a sudden breakthrough.

Yet mindset is harder to fix than number in your wallet.

Dear anons: tell us your story -- what was your journey towards breaking free of poverty mindset and slave mentality?

Attached: mac.jpg (406x305, 19.37K)

For me one breakthrough was realizing that you can ask your mentors for things and they will be capable of helping you.
Not:
>we can't afford that user
>maybe next year user
>how about we choose something cheaper user?
>flashbacksofnam.jpeg
But just "sure".

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 66.98K)

No matter how much money you steal you will always remain an insecure cheap bastard user

>what was your journey towards breaking free of poverty mindset and slave mentality?

realizing i just like the neet lifestyle regardless of how much money i make

No blackpills plz. Also I haven't stolen anything.

Yes you have. You participate in blockchain/stock market you braindead wannabe financier Any Forums parasite

>voluntary economic transactions = stealing
/r/antiwork is that way

Finally realizing that you can just buy a nice, reliable new thing instead of constantly squeaking by with some cheap shit that's breaking down. Like a new car. Not a lambo or whatever, but just a decent, recently made car that won't need a thousand dollars in repairs every month.

The poverty mindset tells you that you're better off buying the used or cheaply made thing because it will cost less to replace when it breaks down. Cheap shitty shoes can wear out and fall apart, because it doesn't cost as much, right? Except then you end up buying shoes way more often than you would if you just bought the good shoes in the first place. Same with cars and lots of other things. That 500$ shitbox car can be replaced with another shitbox car, but then you're just constantly dealing with the stress of needing to get it fixed or having things not work. You ever have a shitty car that has no AC or heat when you need it most? That's not fucking worth the "savings" that you get from just buying a nicer car in the first place.

Learning to do things differently from my parents/upbringing which basically comes down to:

>saving 10-20% of my income with every paycheck until I got 6 months of wage saved
>building up a 401K / pension saving (EU)
>investing 10-20% into crypto and stocks/month
>living more frugal/learning to grow herbs/plants
>learning how to use or save scraps e.g. I turn my potato peelings into chips/crisps, I can carrot remains in winter with vinegar and kurkuma to use during summer for making salads, etc. for a lot of other food related things.
>If I pay for friends/spouse say at a bar or anything and get the money back, that money is put into my savings account or gets invested so I don't spend it twice (rule being: you only spend it once, if returned you make it grow your passive income)
>If my wage increases, my spending remains the same. I let myself increase spending 1-3% per year if possible but I rather increase my saving/investing amount

I just ate a blue box with bacon and a slice of pepper jack. Yum yum.

>learning how to use or save scraps e.g. I turn my potato peelings into chips/crisps, I can carrot remains in winter with vinegar and kurkuma to use during summer for making salads, etc. for a lot of other food related things.
based. but only do it if you find enjoyment in it. otherwise recognize your comparative advantage and go to a farmer's market

Oh for sure, no point in doing these things if you don't have anything with it. I grew up in a household that threw away a lot of food/lived in an appartement in the centre of the city but I've always wanted to be more self sufficient/saw how much money was thrown out + I love cooking so this thing grew over the years.

i like the poverty mindset though. it's like a game to see how much money i can save. i'm clipping coupons and finding deals at my local grocery stores meanwhile i'm up 15 grand in the market today.

I don't believe in the "poverty mindset". I believe in networking with people who can help get you places. People who grew up poor face a lot of struggles, but I don't believe there's some element that they were "meant" to be poor holding them back.

Everyone has psychological shit to work through, but pinpointing exactly what is causing it is another thing.

>you can just buy a nice, reliable new thing
Good luck with that in current year. Big brand names releasing same shoddy shite as noname Chinese factories. Everything falls apart in no time. I'm in the opposite camp on this one, if everything's shit, might as well buy a cheaper piece of shit, you'll have to replace or fix it soon either way

I don't think they were "meant" to be poor but they also have zero clue about how the game works. You mention networking with people: how many poor people are afraid of networking with financially successful people? How many brilliant anons don't know how the college financial aid game is played, whereas an intellectually average Chadwick from some random prep school just cruises through with his gentleman's A's?

Just do your research and find the stuff that actually earns its pricetag. You're not entirely wrong, though. Some brands and companies sell the illusion of higher quality with a high pricetag, but the same level of manufacturing quality as the third world sweatshops. Should also go without saying that most luxury brands are fucking worthless anyways. Gucci, Prada, etc. Only niggerbrained faggots buy those things thinking they are somehow worth more than the materials they are made out of.

yes the financial aid game is intentionally obtuse and demoralizing, all about people being on the inside and knowing how it all works. Unless of course you're black.

1: remember that your most powerful asset isn't the stuff you own; but your mind and your will.

2: learn early that (at least in the US), there is nothing stopping you from taking a chance at success. People who have tried and failed try to blame their failure on one or another boogie man group; but each individual has the freedom to succeed or fail on their own.

3: stop chasing consumerism. People use objects as status symbols to affirm their worth to themselves and their peers. That's a trap because no one wins, but everyone goes broke trying to win.

4. Avoid expensive hobbies; unless they bring their own work. For example, learning to fly a plane brings more worth than being an expert at video games.

5. Avoid expensive habits. There is no long term plus in pissing your money away on drugs or women.

6. Learn to think two steps ahead. Making mistakes don't happen at the moment, they happen by all the small decisions you allowed which brought you to the mistake.

7. Invest in dividend paying stocks, and sign up for the automatic dividend reinvestment plan.

8. Get a living trust early. There are several tax advantages; and it's the only way to pass on your money without the government knowing and the IRS caring (aka: under the rules, tax free)

9. If you're a man, don't waste your money on jewelry. And skip the tattoos, nose rings, and dyed hair

>Invest in dividend paying stocks, and sign up for the automatic dividend reinvestment plan.
But be aware that dividends are not tax-efficient so you should load up your tax-advantaged accounts with them.

Based Pratchett theory of boots subscriber.