Wow, a whole heckin $90,000 after 10 years!

Attached: AE2A437E-EF24-44A7-BE0B-3B9E6337F049.jpg (1125x1907, 729.68K)

compounding will get you rekt, big risk small reward

With the way inflation is going that’ll be more like 40k

You mean 30k, it would have been 60k without their compounding magic

Normally inflation would take away like 20% of that 50% gain within 10 years but just looking at the last 3 years since 2020 I’m pretty sure you would have lost money between that and recent market performance.

$30k? What do you mean I’ll only make $20k
>leaps through window and runs into horizon

can someone please explain to me the difference between this and a ponzi scheme?
where does the "growth" come from?

When did Jews become stupid?

My IRA has lost 40% of its value though

there's nothing that isn't a ponzi scheme nowadays.

Read David Graeber

>just invest 10 years for a 30% bro

New entrants into the ponzi scheme. Duh

the ponzu mechanic is justified through "fundamentals" like earnings. it is more ponzu like if it's solely a capital gains stock. dividend yielding stocks are arguably not a ponzu.
however, in the grand scheme the ponzu is just one layer removed - meaning the growth and revenue needs to ultimately come from new customers and new sales to justify the fundamental analysis.
it depends on infinite growth, it's a ponzi

Don't forget the 30% tax, also don't forget 10% inflation.

yall are stupid, you can literaly put that 6k into anything. Have mine 100% in TQQQ go big or go home

there is none. Every market is a ponzi scheme

user, all of modern civilization is a ponzi scheme. Why do you think our owners are deathly afraid of population declining a little bit? Why do you think they're always frothing at the mouth to make us import millions and millions or third worlders? They're at the top of a centuries, maybe even millenia, long ponzi scheme. Every drop of sweat, every minute of work, feeds the people at the top, and every pound of meat we add to the grinder only makes it more unsustainable. At some point, even Africa's rampant breeding won't be able to keep this up.

>Increasing efficiency in markets
>Increasing wealth in areas that previously could not consoom
>Increasing populations
In short, it's all Ponzi or Ponzi adjacent because it requires new capital and/or participants at all times. I don't know of the viable paths forward from here, frankly.

It is a ponzi, but fortunately new wagies are born every day to be fed into the ponzi scheme. Think of people as servants who's only existence is to fuel your own wealth and lifestyle.

True growth comes from a civilization entering a new material age. Stuff like going from the bronze age to the iron age. These are usually very infrequent, but we've had about four of them in the last 150 years. The industrial revolution was actually the steel age. Then you had the atomic/plastic age, followed by the silicon age. The last 150 years of economic "growth" are more or less steeped in the assumption that we discover some brand new wonder material (or a new use for an existing material) every 30-40 years that does some crazy sci-fi shit.

No new materials, no true growth. You have to grow the old fashioned way; suppressing wages, stealing resources, as well as good old-fashioned enslavement.

It's a service economy. Only way you get more services is if you can somehow pay people less or enslave other people.

If you want to make this argument it's about material science but also energy
Some even say the improvement of metals is merely a way to store energy in denser and denser useful mediums
>No point in slavery when you're hunting and gathering because you're healthy and have everything you really need, plus you can't keep them in line very well
>But once you're an agrarian society eating shitty repetitive cereal grains, unhealthy and weak, and doing repetitive work in one place, slavery becomes viable and profitable again
>Then when coal becomes your slave it becomes distasteful to have human ones
>But then once bezos and musk find a profitable way to live on Mars in 100 years, "gee it looks like those Martian homes are so affordable and Earth land is so expensive these days, isn't it?"
>Whoops we're stuck on a neofeudalist planet and can't get off without the compassion of offworlders or the elites on Mars

That said, that's all Whig History
The ancient Greeks could've invented the steam engine and the rest, but they didn't, because probably that intuitively understood the enslavement of themselves that would be required to make that system work, and for what?

Take the Ted pill

Attached: IMG_20220729_194234_147.jpg (1080x1073, 176.11K)