I am wondering

Pokemon DPPt are among the most well received games of all pokemon games. But I don't get where its popularity is from, because Gen 4 had some major flaws (slow progression and slow game in general, regional dex isn't really good). So I am wondering. How did those games get their popularity? Is it nostalgia (like Gen 1) or is it because of the Nintendo DS (because it was new and there was a lot of hype)?

Attached: 1c61b97a43e44a8a56556355fcbd6f751e724c2er1-640-580v2_00.jpg (512x464, 68.19K)

they are very good games

Attached: 1640618233607.png (736x353, 51.3K)

The games were so atmospheric and theurapeutic in so many ways and played such an important role in the childhood of many.

>How did those games get their popularity?
nostalgia

their objective quality is horrible

Elaborate.
>The games were so atmospheric and theurapeutic in so many ways
How?

this
pokemon pearl helped me deal with my depression

I think because every family had like 5 Nintendo DS's

Nintendo(DS) moms unironically

I've never heard anyone really gush about the quality of the gameplay itself. It seems to be just a thing that you had to be there to experience and its nostalgia is based on those memes (Sinnoh music HITS hard, Cynthia Garchomp, no fire types).

>the boogeyman is shitting on gen 4 a dozen threads a day instead of gen 5 now
fellow 'borts... did we win?

this
pokemon pearl helped me deal with my dysphoria

>Implying it's not Unova fans trying to make Sinnoh look worse in order to peddle itself into the "golden era"

Attached: babygrinch.jpg (500x500, 33.07K)

Who the fuck are you talking about schizo? I never said Gen 4 was terrible. They are good games but with still some major flaws, and I am trying to know what makes them stand out.
Unironically take your meds

Because Pokemon has been utter shit for almost a decade now and people went back to replay gens 1-5 and they're being reassessed as the peak of Pokemon.

Maybe if Gens 6-8 didn't suck balls and Gens 1 and 2 didn't feel so old and archaic, Gens 3-5 wouldn't be seen as the peak.

Attached: 1654397176025.png (500x506, 369.34K)

It was exactly the same thing 10 years ago with gen 3 and then we got OR/AS and no one talked about Hoenn again. Unova will start to gain a lot of popularity this year, believe me, people are starting to ask for a B/W remake.

the region has the best design simple as
sure every pokemon region is a grid and theres routes and cities in every direction from any point, but only dppt has a really non-linear region, and one thats actually enjoyable to run around and backtrack in due to many routes being really atmospheric and almost being able to compete with hoenns 119.
in terms of route design B2W2 definetly are the best, as like over half of the routes are insanely comfy organic and dynamic routes full of bridges over river streams and most of the routes being 3-dimensional, with pathways across several planes.
but gen 5 also has like, the most linear region by far, and its regional dex is literally a failed experiment that GF quickly went back out of, so really why shouldnt dppt be number 1?

>the region has the best design simple as
why? because they padded the maps out with rocks you click A in front of to find a shitty Protein?

>but only dppt has a really non-linear region
So, Kanto and Johto don't exist anymore?

i wish

I can understand why people like Hoenn. It probably has one of if not the best map design of every region because of the Pokemon variety, unique puzzles, and number of optional paths. Meanwhile Sinnoh has none of these.

region design not route design inbred esltard, but i guess your third world shithole doesnt teach reading comprehension
in neither kanto nor johto can as many routes/cities/encounters be accessed out of order like in sinnoh, and all the gyms and galactic battles are somehow still balanced

You mean Gens 1 - 4?
Nu-Gen is 5 - 9.

Everyone hated Diamond & Pearl when it was new. Not because of the slow engine or the lack of diversity in wild encounters, it was mainly due to the new designs that looked too different and overdesigned. I remember that i stopped playing Pokemon for a couple of years after Diamond, it was just unpopular and no one played it.

>region design not region design inbred esltard
huh?

>in neither kanto nor johto can as many routes/cities/encounters be accessed out of order like in sinnoh
You can't enter literally any of the cities out of order except for Veilstone/Pastoria and they removed that in Platinum.

here, you dropped this

Attached: Kings_Rock_anime.jpg (1200x630, 148.76K)

>>Implying it's not Unova fans trying to make Sinnoh look worse in order to peddle itself into the "golden era"
bingo