All right Any Forums been working on a fangame for a few years mainly just made it for me and a few friends but it's...

All right Any Forums been working on a fangame for a few years mainly just made it for me and a few friends but it's getting to a point where I feel like I might drop it as a ROM. I've updated it over the years and plan to continue updating it, so I'm hear to ask what things you'd like in a 2D sprite based pokemon game
No fake mons
No "OC Donotsteal"
No hard-core battle stuff
Other than that everything is open
I've already got some Anime only pokemon forms in and some things like a camping mechanic, basic chareter customization, Items from other pkmn games and so on.
Any suggestions of what to add? I do regular updates but I want to add some things before I drop version 1.0

TLDR; OP is a fag and wants your ideas to add to a fan game.

Attached: 60d60120dc0a2.jpg (1916x1079, 279.77K)

quality of life stuff like being able to evolve trade evos normally

add salazzle

Attached: 874635241324564574-min.png (1968x2013, 3.19M)

That was one of the 1st things I did lol
Most item trades work as stones
Regular trades I either added or modified items to allow Evolving. Sense I have no plans at the moment for any form of multi-player interactions I've had to make sure you could still do that stuff solo, things like mystery gift are like "cheat codes" and I'm working on a rotating battle league for people into that (0 idea how I'd make a wonder trade function)

I've added almost all pokemon (working on PLA stuff atm)

Not exactly sure how far in scope you wanna go into this sort of thing, as to be aware of feature-creep, but personally, so long as every pokemon is obtainable through reasonable methods, I'm game. Only big thing battle-wise I'd want is megas, the gimmicks that came after I could care less.

Though i like the idea of going with more personal route with relations to pokemon, I assume thats whatcha meant by the camping mechanic. Interactable pokemon, and since you're going the sprite method, perhaps following pokemon could be great, but I imagine those are very much "later side features" instead of being foundational.

If this is to be like, something akin to the old formula of "get 8 gym badges and become champion" it would be nice to see interesting teams for them. Or go the extremely based route and just have a hard mode option like b2/w2 did. Just make it accessible without needing to beat the game first lmao.

Small list of things Added or currently working on:
Dynamic weather
Day/Night cycle
Events
Side quests
More regions (this is a pain)
Camping (kind dumb might ax it)
Removed HMs slave needing
Rematches with lvl scaling (some bugs but I'm working on it)
Ball transfer
Following pokemon
Surf/Dive/fly animations (not complete)
Sky routes (work in progress)

It's not a traditional ROM so I don't have to worrie to much about memory space but I've been tooling around with it sens Gen4 so it's a bit big

Pokemon follow you around and you can play games with them like in amie

Yeah I new even back then I didn't want every route to have 50 pokemon and random "litten on MT moon" as for Megas one of my friends says I should do them as a permanent Evo but I'm honestly on the fence with that one

As cool as more regions to explore is, I've always found the concept to be problematic in terms of balancing it. I really disliked how Gen 2 and their remakes did it, just under level the shit out of everything, but it's also an issue once things just go to level 80-100 constantly if you're doing a multi-regional process of somehow including all of them.

the camping thing could be nice, but I wouldn't fuss over it when big foundational things like weather/day/night cycles and what not still need to work.

Good to hear the removal of HM slaves though, that's honestly a big QoL in itself.

And I hope to see how that rematching system goes well. One thing I very much appreciated about stuff from gen 3 and 4 is how there were a few side npcs that you could battle and rematch as you progressed through the region and they get stronger and what not. That shit is so fun.

I'm working on adding some mini games, due to the 2D nature it's not exactly like Amie but I have been messing around with something like it. My main goal is to have something everyone can enjoy and sens I've been updating it all these years I figure I'll continue but having input beyond a few friends I might find more/better things to add/find out what isn't worth my time lol

So far on the multiple regions I've gone with the "if you wanna mushroom Stomp every one with your lvl 100 charizard that's your choice" but like bosses and Gym leaders I have it so it reads your top lvl pokemon and builds a team off that (I.E. 1-10 brackets, also if you have 5 lvl 1s and 1 lvl 98 it's supposed to read that lvl 98) Vseaker is in, and when you go to a new region it gives you a chance to swap out for a new team/go the Ash route so you can lvl weaker pokemon you have. Like I didn't want to restrict anyone but also wanted to make story progession still feel worth it

Even small things like fixing move pools to regional Arbok patterns are also things I'm looking at. So if your suggestion is just Add blank from some side game is a welcome suggestion

okay i actually really like the idea you have with player choice when it comes to new regions
i loved the idea of swapping pokemon.
in fact, thats the one thing I feel PLA has taught me a lot to enjoy, I really, really loved swapping between many different pokemon for the pokedex and evolutions, but I never did it in the mainline games because I feel at certain points of the game, swapping pokemon isn't really easy to do, sometimes it just takes too long of a grind to do or what have you.

Yeah I'd always get to the "end" of a pokemon game and then souly route grinding to evolve pokemon for the dex was a slogg so between rematch lvl adjusting trainers and new places with level spread I felt would help plus I've learned to appreciate some pokemon because of it. Like I did Johto with Geodude as my "starter" and now Golem is one of my all time favorites

If you're using old regions add new areas. Don't shoehorn all mons in a same route like drayano. It hurts my autism.

Yeah, that's another thing to look forward to. Too many times I've been like, "yeah, it would be really cool to use this pokemon, but because it's a trade evo it's not worth putting a gimped pokemon on the team"

I'm not sure how or when you plan to roll these things out, but I imagine you'll be in large part doing an update of region by region or you just plan to roll it out all at once?

Also, one thing I had forgot to mention, if at all possible, multiple save slots baked in instead of having to use the emulator itself to load certain save points.

I've added some Anime/Manga locations but yeah I don't wanna find Bolthound on route 2

I plan on releasing big region updates like "we added Sinnon check out Version 2.6" but also small updates inbetween, I'm not 100% sure I fallow what you mean about saves? I have it so when I due an update patch it dosent whipe any previous save data if that's what you mean? And obviously before I drop a new patch I'd test it on my end so ppl don't loose everything

It's more of a thing everyone wanted back in the original games
multiple save slots that's a function baked into the game.
I know you can technically do this with emulators and what not because of the very nature of how they work, but it isn't exactly a streamlined process compared to choosing "save slot 1, save slot 2, save slot 3."

Ooooooh I'm dumb, yeah we're working on that for the drop, it's not something I personally cared about but when I was thinking about putting it out for everyone it was one of those "what do fans want that I haven't done" type things, that and hard mode. They may not be my cup of tea but people really like them and I always wanted a pokemon game with stuff for everyone.
You like contests? Go for it it's optional
You wanna have more home decorating? You can do it
You wanna do crazy battle towers each region? We'll make that an option
My main philosophy for this game is to give people all the big things and make sure they're good but not make them mandatory.
A lot of the things like Minigames and optional "lvl reset" were Ideas I picked up from here/side games

Based devanon. Also improve movesets for shitmons would be desirable? (Not stat overhauls, or typing changes though)