Started a new senior accountant job in november

>started a new senior accountant job in november
>35% raise ($70k to $95k), perm wfh
>coworker quits in march
>helping boss interview people to the opening
>boss complained that candidates are asking for too much money ($120k)
is it time for me to look for a new job even though i've only been here for like 8 months?

Attached: 5edf813b668b00b2dee3616b70ae5cdc25a0b796a11590564ad26e270f5960e6.jpg (1480x1080, 285.43K)

If you are confident you can land a better job then yes go for it. The best time to look for a job is when you have a job.

Point number 4 is slippery, isn't it? If you're new comer who needs to make a name for themselves in their chosen career, you can't really burn that bridge? You need references when you're starting out in a career? I know it seems unfair, arbitrary and retarded, but that seems to be how the game is played. Business owners still seem to have the leverage, despite all "HEHE IT'S A SELLERS MARKET! XDD" shilling on LinkedIn.

i have 4 years of experience, not exactly entry level. and fwiw i do like my job and my boss but if i'm leaving $20-25k/year on the table it's another matter.

>i have 4 years of experience, not exactly entry level
It's situational, I guess.

Yeah if you are new, then it might be a good idea to put in a few months atleast before making a big move. Learn the job and market a bit before you make a big descision.

This is true. Demand the value that you deserve. This is one of the main reasons their is inequality. Some people settle for what they get, some people demand what they want.

>work as fund accountant
>getting $25/hr contract no benefits
On the other hand it's remote and I do 2 hours of work a day. Even given that it's barely worth it.

Add 10% to whatever you tell your boss. If you know your teammates are making less, play matchmaker and connect them with the companies where the candidates are coming from. Once people start leaving AND people start asking for more starting, you're in a great position to negotiate. I work in consulting and every time I get a LinkedIn recruiter I point them towards my coworkers.

do you have a CPA?

no but i have 150 credits

risking comfy wfh for $25k? i would never

also puts you in a higher tax bracket

>also puts you in a higher tax bracket
please leave this thread, user.

Attached: 25db39df024364a857e1dc5bafbfaf502ea8b686acac18d6f507ef74d6a86f2c.jpg (657x527, 43.92K)

nta but same, have credits never sat. never found a company willing to pay for it. exam ain't free and the studying is boring as shit. i should get it eventually so i can be more valuable and move to poorope to larp as french. such bullshit, i got the degree and that should be good enough. had such bad burnout from uni that i didn't want to graduate and immediately start more studying and exam bullshit.

> i love paying goy taxes

How do I get a job like that?

You don't understand how tax brackets work.

Go 50k in debt for an accounting degree which locks you into a life of mediocrity.

Start looking! Just because you apply and interview for a job, doesn’t mean you have to accept it.

It’s good to see what’s out there.

I don't think you understand how tax brackets work bigman

Do some research on how much you're actually worth, and since you have seniority with this boss ask for another big raise.
If they answer "no", then wagwan, go get a new job.
If they answer "ya" then stick with them. Never settle for less than you're worth bigman.
Always be looking for new jobs. You've got this.

Attached: 1572010092765.png (409x409, 233.11K)

Ok but I just graduated with a degree in accounting and have no debt thanks to FAFSA