Megas

Why does it still cause so much autism today, even when compared to Z-Moves and Dynamax?

Attached: 1641580826954.png (200x200, 41.2K)

the horrid distribution most likely.
Many mons straight up got nothing out of it while pokemon like salamence didn't need it and they got it.

Because people hope their shit mon with 3 stages has a chance of going plus ultra instead of getting a better regional variant, also some people actually like 2 stage Pokémon and don't want a third stage with a convoluted trade evolution method so this becomes a decent "power up"

This is very popular with Latinos for some reason, they do like their transformations

>better regional variant
Recolors and slight redesign rarely fix anything

They fix nothing.
Even if the regional variant is better, your original forme bro is still a shitmon.

I want whimsicott mega instead of regional
Weavile mega would have been better than sneasler

No me jodas, Charizard. Este no es mi ultimo formo!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87.54K)

Shitty distribution and effectively a soft confirm on certain Pokemon never getting cross-gen evos. Plus, it was fleetingly relevant before being scrapped entirely so a bunch of Pokemon lost designs and viability they'll never get back.

Hence why a 100 Stat boost and the possibility of getting a good ability at the cost of an item is appealing on shit like Beedrill and Pidgeot

I know many call megas crap but some fans got robbed, look at fucking Flygon without a mega it's destined to suck

>dragonball beanz

Beedrill mega is one of my favorite it's unfair

If they added new mega in SM, LGPE, SWSH, BDSP, PLA and now SV lots of pokemon would have gotten a mega and it'd be less unfair now eventually leading to every last stage getting one

Este es solo 10% de mi poder

Attached: El chariza blanco.jpg (630x630, 61.81K)

Dynamax is much more cancerous. Eevee has no business being as powerful as it is.

+100 BST with unique distributions.
You can even do something like Mega Beedrill which subtracts -30 from its Special Attack to go towards Attack and Speed.
Updated Abilities.
Updated Types.
Updated designs are EXTREME, but without overwriting the original. Basically a super form.
Good for hype and speculation. Everyone wanted to know "Who is getting a Mega next?!" No one asks this about Dynamax or Z-Moves because everyone can already use them.

Attached: DRAGON CLAW.gif (500x236, 1.95M)

Personally, I adore the concept. It just needs more support and more distribution. I had actually done the math the other day because I was having a conversation with a friend.

Using >smogon as a reference, out of 48 megas, only 9 of them were deemed "problematic." I say problematic as in they were banned out of the normal tiers. 2 of which were already uber, being mew two, rayquza made AG, kangaskhan and gengar were banned for their abilities they'd recieve, salamence and metagross already being strong pseudo-legendaries getting a power boost, and lucario and blaziken having the mix of just being boosted sweepers.

In terms of "gimmicks," I found this to be a good gimmick compared to z-moves and dynamax. The megas felt like an anchor for the team that expanded the usage of various pokemon, most of them being pokemon that otherwise wouldn't have been used at all or for their particular role. The problem with z-moves and dynamax is that they're blanket applications of trying to "fix" things and it just doesn't work.

For z-moves, you either get a 1 turn nuke or a 1 turn super buff depending on how you used it, and since it could be applied to any pokemon, it just made it harder to guess which one had it.

With dynamax, it jus exacerbated what z-moves were and made them less strategic. Potentially 3 turn nukes with only a few typings being actually useful for strategy, the ones broadly applied are Max Airstream for speed and Max Knuckle for attack boosting as examples. I'd say the ones that were kind of interesting were ones that could set up weather or terrains especially, but it just exacerbated the problem of "you're gonna get one shot lmao."

I just find the last two gimmicks to be annoying and uncompetitive mechanics to fight against, while with megas, you were still reduced to the one slot, but it was far easier to guess what it could be.

It only takes one broken mega for the mechanic to be utter cancer, at the end of the day Smogon isn’t real Pokemon everyone could and did use the busted ass megas in the actual game

Of course anyone can do whatever in the games.
I had fun using Kingdra, Slowbro, and Mega Blastoise to destroy the same fags that kept spamming both primals and mega rayquaza in random battles.

Random battles only getcha so far, personally I just prefer battling others with custom rulesets and what not. I only indulge on things like showdown as of recent but I'm forced to play the most cancerous format (Nat Dex AG) because apparantly a format doesn't exist that allows me to use all the pokemon I like on one team.

The team I started with hasn't changed much, initially had ribombee, tyrantrum, serperior, mega lopunny, cinderace, and victini, but I eventually swapped out tyrantrum for marshadow because I was tired of the incessant sub-stall buffs or power herb geomancy, or the annoying things I mentions earlier about buffing with max moves, mostly max airstream.

I don't like dynamax, but I'm forced to use it if I wanna at least do something with the pokemon I like. Haven't played random showdown matches before this point and almost broke 1600 in like a week.

I tend to get a lot more fun out of matches with people I know and we can agree on custom rulesets. "Use whatever you want." There tends to be a mutual agreement of no dynamax or z-moves.

Does it? I feel like everyone forgot about this gimmick already. Its clear theyre not bringing it back until XY remakes

It reminds them too much of Digimon, especially Stage VI where they're called Mega by Bandai of America.

Never mind the fact that Mega Evos has more in common with X-Antibody where they take an existing design and add more details on it.

Attached: Agumon_hakase-flipped.jpg (1032x1032, 195.02K)

People did ask what Pokemon would get the next GMax and signature Z-Move, you're just omitting that because it doesn't suit your narrative. And design-wise there's little difference between a GMax and a Mega besides the former having actual visual consistency.

>Only 9 of 48
Only a fifth of them were problematic, that's not the minimized ratio you seem to think it is. Also, since you cited fanfic meta, you realize the lower tiers were even more affected by Megas than OU and Ubers and there were OU/Uber Megas that never got addressed and people just needed to deal with it, thus that statistic is inaccurate as fuck.