Tfw financially autistic dad

>tfw financially autistic dad

Attached: BBC965D7-384B-4F74-BA00-A17130213268.jpg (512x468, 33.14K)

>TFW parents are loaded, but they never really taught you anything about finance and had to learn yourself
Could be worse, I guess.

Attached: 1654725834078.png (657x527, 98.5K)

how did your dad catch the 'tism?

I thought it said finally instead of financially because I can't read due to retardation of the mind.

my parents never made a single investment their entire lives because its "gambling" and yet they still buy scratch tickets

if they had taught me to make investments, if they had allowed and told me to stay home for a couple years past 18 putting wagies into investments, i would have been a lot better off then kicked out at 18 as soon as i had first and last months rent to live paycheque to paycheque the rest of my life only to learn about investments myself only a decade later. honestly i was so financially illiterate i thought poor people weren't legally allowed to invest money. don't know where i got that idea but i thought you had to be some kind of bank or hedge fund or something to invest

yes i'm retarded and have to blame myself. but i would have been less retarded had my parents not also been even more retarded

Kek. I wish my parents let me out at 18 instead of guilting me to stay indefinitely. It’s either I stay or they can’t pay the mortgage.

>tfw your parents tithe 10%

Attached: 3310087-8175034134-088.p.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

checked. My dad failed at all his 'investments' and business endeavours and embraced the wagie life. he wants the same for me and my brothers because since it didnt work for him it wont work for us, and only the "lucky" or "insider" get rich

they should let you stay so you can build up money on your own before moving out. forcing you to make investments. "son, we need to talk about your portfolio". making you pay into their mortgage instead is just awful.

my dad has been renting for the past 14 years paying 4-5K per month the entire time. He makes like 300K/year. It's mind boggling. I estimate he could've paid off a million dollar house by now but nope. just gotta rent son

>tfw your parents are complete retards and you have to learn how the world works the hard way

Attached: 1656699829629.jpg (660x574, 30.89K)

checked. my dad is financially autistic in that he's saved/invested so much money over the years after growing up poor and never spending. he said i won't receive a dime of inheritance because he thinks i can do the same by just saving and investing in real estate and tech.

Shoulda checked out a book on stocks from the elementary school library, like I did, back in 5th grade.

>tfw autistic dad

Attached: 353256524.jpg (214x250, 7.89K)

pic related
although not really autistic just plain bad when it comes being financially responsible
has been bankrupt in this past due his extremely risky financial decisions and still hasn't learned a thing
hell i slack all day playing time raiders and barely doing my remote job and im more responsible than him jfc

my mom slaved for 40 years and now at the age of 66 diagnosed with neurological disease that kills in few years. i asked when she last had like 2+ week holiday and it was 20 years ago
don't end up like that slaving for some corporation and dying right when you retire

yes, but i didn't. also the elementary school library doesn't have any books on stocks. also expecting a 5th grader to learn and understand the stock market on his own time isn't realistic. also that never happened you never did that.

now as a high schooler i have less excuse. i should have done some research. i just never did because i thought you had to be a rich guy in a suit and tie with a financial degree before a bank would allow you to invest in stocks. no idea where i got that concept stuck in my head but i was shocked and in denial when i finally figured out many years later that it is legal and possible for an average consumer to invest in stocks. this could have been avoided if i was less retarded true, or if my parents or school took literally a single minute to teach me "hey you know you can buy stocks right, anyone can"

people talk about rich parents being a huge leg up in life, but also smart parents would be a huge leg up in life many of us didn't have. and none of us had a decent education since schools are just awful. high school makes you read half a dozen shakespeare books but never once mentions the stock market or if they do its in super abstract terms and not telling you how to actually buy or sell. not once has romeo and juliet or the merchant of venice gotten me ahead in life. public school is a scam.

come to think of it i actually remember complaining to my parents as a young man how i thought it was bullshit that only people with financial degrees were allowed to invest in stocks and they never corrected me. just gave me the usual fluoride stare.