Is there a 'wrong way' to play Pokemon?

Is there a 'wrong way' to play Pokemon?

Attached: reddit moment.png (707x204, 41.08K)

>1 year ago
Why do you do this to yourself

Yes

The more time it takes, the wronger it is.

Showdown

Why would anyone do this
I could see one of those mexican power fantasy faggots doing some shit like this but otherwise I'd assume this man is severely autistic

How do you even hit a 20 level gap for the first gym let alone all of them? Autism grinding against rodents and birds for 10 hours?

Yes, the wrong ways are:
>switch mode
>exp share on
>using items in battle
>using legendaries
>overleveling
>boxing your starter
>mega evolving against opponents who can't mega evolve
>Z-moves against opponents who don't have Z-moves

watch critikal try and play pla, it is the first time I have seen someone play wrong, he just focuses on one single research task until it's done and complains it takes too long, instead of just catching everything and completing it that way, fucking retard

A year ago when he took the screenshot, so he could've been saving this for even longer than that for all we know.

Anything that sucks the fun out of the game. Fortunately, a lot of Pokemon games give some pretty diverse options to play the game that the only consistently unfun way is to overlevel your starter and then proceed to not do anything after reaching the credits. Like, I can't imagine anyone finding it fun to press A and occasionally move the character around the map. That having been said, some Pokemon games are better at offering diverse playstyles compared to others. USUM is pretty good for that, for example you can tailor the difficulty pretty well. Compare that to BDSP where there's really only one difficulty, and it's not even very good for anyone.

It’s wrong if I hate it

Yes, buying the game and playing it. If you haven't switched to showdown+romhack by now you're doing it wrong.

Everything here is right except boxing your starter, though I can understand why you'd put that in. I would also add HM slaves to the list.

Yes. Nuzlocke.

>exp share on

ok boomer

Wrong way to play gen1 is not using missingno gratuitously.

Attached: gmask.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Switch is cringe. Playing any game on Set is much more satisfying, even nugen games like XY or ORAS.

Not getting into the main characters bed before deleting your file.

>pic

Where's her bulge?

All of this is correct barring items in battle. Choosing when to heal, swap, and sandbag is fun.
>It's too easy with items
Stop knocking out wild Pokemon and using pseudos then.

When I was completeing a national dex, I had a very nice technician Breloom with spore, false swipe, and some others
One of my favorites.

I just think it's more interesting without items, they feel a bit cheap