How would you feel about real time Pokemon battles?

How would you feel about real time Pokemon battles?

It honestly makes it feel just as intense as the battles in the TV shows

Attached: PokemonReloaded.gif (400x300, 1.41M)

I don't like the idea of real time elements in Pokemon battles, but I'd be down for some sort of range/positioning system.

>some sort of range/positioning system.
So, you'd like changing Rotation battles to make them actually good and worthwhile?

Does speed translate to movement in this?

Attached: 999BEE92-669B-4AF6-8BF5-DDF0014C30BE.png (250x250, 26.13K)

yeah

I've always felt that Speed should contribute a lot more to gameplay than just who moves first

In this fan game it actually matters because you could have shitty mons actually compete with OP ones by at least being faster to dodge hits....theoretically

ATB

ATB

This seems like a terrible idea. If you incorporate speed into this, you end up with a PLA situation where fast pokemon can set up a Swords Dance and attack twice before the opponent gets to do anything. The only way I could see it working is if you also rework the stats system, but at that point you're not even making a pokemon game.

And this fan game doesn't cut the dex

Unlike some million dollar company that is responsible for the series

Attached: masuda.900x.jpg (900x600, 64.32K)

too much speed makes this game hard to play because the pokemon moves way too fast though

It'd probably translate to movement speed, cooldown times between moves and how quickly most moves get dished out.
Which would make Speed even more important than ever before.

Oh shit I remember this garbage. The user making this had a meltdown after people were critical of his epic real time pokemon game.

that game is in spanish only, I doubt the creator post here, it's not the best place to shill games in other languages

Kindred Fates is doing this and the result seems very decent.
Don't want to quit my comfy turn based battles in Pokémon games tho.

>This seems like a terrible idea. If you incorporate speed into this, you end up with a PLA situation where fast pokemon can set up a Swords Dance and attack twice before the opponent gets to do anything. The only way I could see it working is if you also rework the stats system, but at that point you're not even making a pokemon game.

Attached: 1654548738148.png (1024x1024, 546.44K)

It contributed to crit chance in gen 1. It made fast Pokemon even better than they are now. If anything I'd like to see a damage roll system applied to speed, like how the damage calculation does x0.85-1.00 at the end. It'd make battles more exciting if they didn't boil down to "I am base 97 speed and know with 100% certainty I will outspeed a base 95, and never outspeed a base 100."

So...an action/fighting game? Would be fun. We already have the Tekken crossover.
If it was some sort of ARPG though the way mons and movesets work would have to be changed greatly to keep some sort of balance.

it's shit

>How would you feel about real time Pokemon battles?
I think it would become a Dex vs Str thing.

nta but I definitely remember the meltdown in question
no clue if the poster was actually the maker of the game or just a shitposter participating for the memes

I don't want to control Pokemon directly like an action game, but a real time with pause or slow down game where you could have have multiple Pokemon out auto battling with "basic" attacks, but pause and give them periodic direct soecial move commands would be cool.

Won't happen because of VGC. Pokemon now is a strategy/tactics game where you just build a team and make decisions during battle. If they make it real, it's just melee.

Pokemon Crypt of the Necrodancer styled spinoff pls

Attached: 35192.gif (500x310, 1.82M)