Post Game is all that matters

Post game is literally the only thing that matters and i'm tired of debating retards.

Most pokemon games can be done in 20-30 hours but i don't have a single game with less than 100. That means on averages the post game is 4 times more important than the shitty main game story.

The reason modern games suck is because outside competitive vgc/smogon battling theres nothing to do. Theres only about 5 hours of post game content left attached to a rehash of the battle tower.

I like the battle tower, but if youre going to make 200+ pokemon sets you need to also make other facilities and make them restrict pseudo legends, legends, and top tier mons.

Latios ruins emerald because half the people who play the game in modern times just make their team metagross, salamence, latios and that trivializes the challenge of the frontier. The same thing with garchomp, heatran etc. in platinum.

I really think pokemon needs battle facilities again (20+ not just 5.) and needs to restrict op mons with extensive updating banlists.

There also needs to be post game areas beyond legendaries, accessed through old routes. They need to be huge, lead to new towns and give oppurtunities for new pokemon.

This is the only thing that would fix pokemon

Attached: F8F21B51-9D6B-402C-BECA-778D8B1D2766.jpg (1440x1442, 149.13K)

>battle facilities suck

They are the purest form of battling attached to fair level caps. The reason you don't like them is because you like playing on baby mode, steamrolling with your in game team

just because there is a "best team" for battle frontier doesn't mean you can't have fun with different setups anyways.

You shouldn't be able to use ubers against ou mons.

When the game ends you play a different game.
I personally liked eugenics... I mean breeding for IVs and egg moves but haven't really played postgame Pokemon in 10 years

>The reason modern games suck is because outside the thing to do that’s objectively better than the things to do in non-modern games there’s nothing to do
>main game where you go to new areas to find pokemon for 20 hours bad but adding a couple of hours post game where you go to new areas to find pokemon good
compelling argument

Those tiers don't match up in non 6v6 formats

Emerald post game is like atleast 150 hours minimum. The frontier is actually playing pokemon rather than just overleveling gym leaders with your sweeper.

You're right. Pokemon with high base stats are EVEN MORE POWERFUL when you have half a team.

Sword and Shield post game is infinite hours minimum because online opponents have massively more variety than BF pokemon and the AI acts in a predictable way.

If i wanted to do battling with no gimmicks i'd use the lag free battle tower already in the game

Is anyone forcing you to use Latios or Garchomp though? Also, Suicune is more broken than the others (Latios, Tyranitar, Metagross and Swampert) in the Gen 3 Battle Frontier since Mythicals are banned and Celebi is literally the only reliable Suicune counter in Gen III. A Rest-Calm Mind set got me to a streak of over 400 in the Battle Tower until a Walrein's Sheer Cold RNGhax OHKO'd my entire team. The only caveat is that a Suicune from FRLG will have shit IVs, so you'd need one from Colosseum and RNG abuse is Colosseum is difficult.

Battle Frontier was a great addition on paper, but also too complicated for children and casual players. Arguably too advanced for its time. EVs were still invisible, and so were most of the other inner mechanics like how Nature affect the Battle Palace, or using Pickup to collect items in the Pyramid. Playing this back in '05, Joe's guide on Serebii was one of the only resources that explained how everything worked. Most people playing normally are going to be filtered. Sadly Masuda wasn't wrong when he said that most people don't care about the offline content. We don't even have 3v3 Battles anymore...

Attached: Battle Towers.png (885x240, 154.6K)

>too complicated

You have a good point. How about we eliminate, type advantages. They are so confusing and you have to memorize a chart. Then we should get rid of status moves so every match is using thunderbolt against return. Wow! How exciting

I sort of agree, but online battles count. Saying otherwise is just cope for either being bad or liking games without an online to them.

have you considered this game for children that was made 20 years ago wasn't meant to have as much replay value as you're expecting

No. Postgame should be a fun sidequest. The whole battlefrontier really have heavy flaws. For one it‘s the whole ev stuff that is never fully explained. Same with natures. It‘s fine if the games would have dumb ev spreads or dumb natures. But all teams are basically full max comp pokemon.
The newer games can have them because we can easily manipulate shit. But older games should have just shitmons regular mons and not dumb shit like
>yeah win 70 times
Or
>win 100 times
To get the completion. It‘s tiresome and annoying. I only got the subway super singles, because I injected a dw dragonite, adjusted the ev‘s. Catched elfun and stoutland adjusted nature, evs, moveset and all I did was go for the cripple tactic. Shit is boring as fuck.
Doubles is at least more fun, but still needing to win 1000 times is shit. If they ever make a battle frontier I do hope they either make
>rank based + open streak mode
Or
>beat one set of trainers to battle higher set of trainers with gradually getting more difficult. + open streak

>Post game is literally the only thing that matters
I hate this, and not only in Pokémon games, but in games in general.
This nasty, pervasive culture of disdaining main game and care only about post-game is horrible and has affected not only gaming culture (e.g. speedruns) but also how games are made.
You all forgot the maxim: "what matters more isnt the destination, but the journey". Now we get games with terrible main segments because developers only worked in post-game.
Disgusting.

The only fucking reason you have so much playtime is because you doddle around/grind so much, like doing side shit or training mons for battle facilities. If you did side shit over and over again and constantly grinded up new team members during the main story you could easily take 100+ hours before beating it. Your assessment is garbage and completely ignores the obvious

Attached: Smug Anime girl 1.png (1280x720, 530K)

Imagine wasting over 100 hours of your life on a single video game holy shit

I'd rather have a 40 hour main line story and 10 hour post game than 10 hour main line and 40 hour post game

Yes we need more battle facilities, no they shouldn’t restrict more pokemon. There should be no restrictions on pokemon as it is. If you use a high tier legend or mythicals then the game can use them, otherwise it works like it normally does. Tired of catching legendaries then never having anything to do with them where they aren’t ridiculously overpowered. SWSH letting them in the tower was nice but the npcs coupd never use any of their own so it ended up being pointless