Any big 4 bros here?

any big 4 bros here?

I fucking hate this job and this industry, what do?

Attached: 1602796832161.jpg (1412x1155, 224.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

complianceweek.com/accounting-and-auditing/pcaob-2020-inspection-reports-pwc-bucks-deficiency-trend-dethrones-deloitte/31017.article
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a new job or save enough money to do what you like. Or do what you like on the side while saving money. It’s not complicated.
If you can handle the work and find time to do what you like, take the money. If its insufferable, find a new job or stop bitching and get a better attitude

I'm thinking of moving countries. Apparently you can buy 2 homes in italy for 60k for instance. Same shit in the states would be well into 6 figs which is a ripoff. I hate the idea of moving, but unironically to live the american dream you have to move away from america

thats the plan lad just finishing my CA then I'm out

Yeah but those prices are in dying towns. That's not a bad thing in itself, but the European commission is "facing the problem" by literally taking taxes from science and healthcare to finance the transplanting of african slums to be your neighbors. Enjoy the misery and aids

forgot picrel. The former boss of border protection is currently in hot water for "illegally and ideologically" denying entry to these future Italian townsmen.

Attached: 1657266366524.webm (480x640, 2.52M)

yeah i did it for 9 months before quitting for a higher paying industry job. big 4 audit the wagiest job ever and i used to work labor in a factory.

>working
are you guys serious?

How was life after you quit? Is there a noticeable difference in wagieness between this and an industry job?

shoo shoo stinky neet

why work?

big 4: $57k/year, 45-55 hours a week with 5-15 hours of commuting a week on top of that, some overnight travel.

industry job #1: $70k/year, 40-45 hours a week, 5 hours a week of commuting, no overnight travel.

industry job #2: $95k/year, work from home with no travel or commute, 30 hours a week on average.

being an accountant is a lot like being gay: it gets better™

what the fuck do you even do at big 4?

make $60k/year in exchange for a 60 hour work week writing documentation and filling out forms and templates that literally don't matter because shekelbergowitz inc. is getting a clean audit opinion no matter what happens, because mr. noseberg, the partner making $750k/year, doesn't want to lose them as a client.

Have you considered working for yourself doing basic bookkeeping? I’m taking accounting classes right now and it’s tough but I enjoy it. I know a couple people that have little businesses going and they need someone to do it.

can confirm
my hometown is like ~800 people, and everybody young moves away in search of jobs in bigger towns/cities, so when the old people die the houses are left empty and sell for peanuts, because everyone wants to wagecuck in the city and give half of it away for rent.
because the houses are so cheap, the people buying them are usually poor/immigrants, and the small town turns to shit. my street is now a brown ghetto.

This.

Audits are such a fucking joke. Like how tf are you independent when the person who you’re supposed to be auditing is paying you?

the final redpill was learning that a massive chunk of audits are considered deficient by the PCAOB. that and witnessing a shitty partner ignore a very material misstatement of deferred revenue recognition on a private client (after threatening to get legal involved which caused the client CFO and controller to freak the fuck out and literally scream at her) and then power sign off on all documentation in a 1-2 day period.

complianceweek.com/accounting-and-auditing/pcaob-2020-inspection-reports-pwc-bucks-deficiency-trend-dethrones-deloitte/31017.article

Accountant here, thank fuck I'm not the only one he realized this. We literally don't do anything

What 4 do you work in, EY?

>my hometown is like ~800 people, and everybody young moves away in search of jobs in bigger towns/cities
my ~30,000 person hometown in the midwestern US also exports ~75% of all intelligent life

IT:

all dev jobs: comfy wfh 2 hours a day 100k/y