A recession does NOT = stock market crash

So many of you retards think that every time we experience a recession we experience stock crashes but that’s not usually the case.
08 saw banks crash the housing market by gambling on bad mortgage debt and that carried over into some stocks but that was the first time in history we had MBS crash the market.

Here’s Forbes definition of a recession because it was the first result on duck duck go when I searched recession definition: “Experts declare a recession when a nation’s economy experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP), rising levels of unemployment, falling retail sales, and contracting measures of income and manufacturing for an extended period of time.”
When I was younger I remember them defining it as 3 negative quarters of GDP growth.
If companies are buying back stocks, then their profit/earning ratios don’t matter much. I’d argue that the economic environment that last few years has created a favorable outlook for many stocks and the Covid crash took a lot of air out of the tech bubble.

You bobos always get fucked by buying into fear mongering narratives designed to shake out retail. You guys play the role of dumb goy every chance you get.
You really thought rising inflation and rates would put the top in? Economics is more nuanced than anyone factor

Attached: 63D33A3A-BFB1-41C7-8388-AE937580E6CC.png (397x384, 36.36K)

TLDR
GDP growth slowing doesn’t crash asset values by itself

ok so do i buy or sell?

Depends on your time preferences and asset class but most would be better buying

Especially if you’re young and not rich yet.
All the billionaires are shaking out weak handed retail and by the end of the year we’re probably hitting all time highs in most sectors of the stock market

This is a deep recession. You have to time the buy.

What the fuck is a deep recession?
Are you referring to asset prices? GDP growth? Length of the recession?
You have to be specific but you probably don’t really understand economics or market dynamics
You idiots were saying the same thing during the Covid crash and you had more validity during 2020 with the whole world economy shut down
People like you end up posting bobo crying threads about how you miss the bottom

Oh yes it does. The crash is coming, and it won't be pretty.

like a slowing gdp doesnt cause an asset crash itself, a recession announcement doesn't mean the worst is over. rates have so much further to go before inflation is under control. you are a retard and, furthermore, a nigger

We’ve had crashes.
Tech bubble in 2000, housing bubble in 08, COVID in 2020, inflation bubble this year.
And guess what? Everyone of those were buying opportunities.
You dumbfucks sold the bottom and now you try to scare dummies into dumping but it’s not gonna work here. Biz is too redpilled to fall for your traditional high rates FUD
>deep recession
You’re just making shit up now

>rates are 2.5%
I hope they raise them to 10%
It’s still not going to cause an asset crash if the underlying factors don’t change
I ou have provided any evidence to back up your stupid nonsense
Meanwhile markets hit all time high right after retards like you said the same thing in 2020
Dips are short term until they turn the money printers off which they can’t do
0% federal reserve requirements for all banks but you think asssets will crash?
Get real idiot

higher rates are inflationary according to history

Attached: EC78379B-353A-4BD5-8969-3A9DEE887F9B.jpg (1125x866, 317.47K)

Based apu
Here’s $1 I’ll pet the chad and start DCA into BTC today

Cute chad
Here’s my $1

Based. Higher rates are basically when the central banks admit to the general populace that there is inflation and "something has to be done".
Crash happens later when rates are going down again.

this user gets it

shut it down kek

>If companies are buying back stocks, then their profit/earning ratios don’t matter much.
so they are buying back stocks on debt with increasing interest rates? sounds like a sound business model to me. I feel bullish

I wasn't saying the same thing during the shutdown. In fact, I accurately predicted the bottom price of the dow. People like you voted for Biden and democrats and caused this collapse.
>What the fuck is a deep recession?
Stay mad shill.
lol you responded to me twice. Fucking triggered.

Lol you can't be this stupid.

There is no recession though, idk what you're talking about. If everyone says we're not in one i'm not going to believe losers on 4channel about whats going on.

Test

I feel bad that your job is to shill for this admin and Congress.

What are you testing?

Everyone says we're in one though. The data also show we are.

Nothing in particular.
To contribute something on topic, a recession during high interest rates and high unemployment would definitely be bad news for the stock market. But unemployment is low and money is still quite easy, just not as easy as before.