Maybe 3D was never the problem

Attached: FUNgi3dVIAADfOE.jpg (1440x1440, 176.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28CgyvTu_-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It pains me that even I could recreate these low budget 3d models with ease.

>It never was

Diamond and Pearl already proved that.

Do it then

pajeets on fiverr and upwork could do this shit

These aren't official...

these are official dude (sorry if I'm going to get woodshed)

They aren't

The problem has always been Gamefreak

These feel so divorced from Pokemon it's crazy. Even some Gen 8 turds look like "ugly things from Gamefreak" but these look from a completely different franchise.

Not defending GF by any means, but at this point in time i think it's obvious that something rendered will look better than a model ingame.

What does that even mean

Pig is pretty much Gen 3 and other two are Gen 2. Starters are all I dunno wtf though.

nta but model in game needs to also be rendered along with a bunch of other crap so it cant be as detailed as the single renders we see

Of course it wasn't. You never see people complain about Mario or Zelda going 3D for example.

go back

Bit of a tangent, but that reminds me of all the hate Wind Waker got for a long time, shitting on "chibi Link." Looking back now though, Wind Waker has aged so much better than any other, visually speaking.

Smolive literally looks like a Gen 2 design, and I'm pretty sure the Pikaclone's aesthetic was lifted from the original G/S fire starter (before they replaced it with Cyndaquil).

I sure as hell wouldn't complain about 3D if it looked like this. That's a game they also made many years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=28CgyvTu_-U

This. We just aren't used to such designs anymore