Is a 2nd hand land rover for $20k a good asset?

Better than cash in the bank, aslong as I don't crash it right?

Its second hand and over 10 years old so it should hold its value right? I mean its already cheep at 20k ( Ive seen some of these new at over 200k )

Attached: car.jpg (800x600, 70.01K)

Cars are not assets. They are consumables.

If you can't afford it new you can't afford it used. There's a reason these shitboxes are so cheap used.

Defender or Land Rover?
Range Rover not a good investment at all, if a defender at 20k lol, its a decoration not a vehicle.

20k for a land rover is cheap as long as you know how to work on it

Biz is this naive? Holy shit

hope you know how to maintain those things. and have spare parts.

and have many hours to do it

already a "former"tm cryptomillionaire I kinda know what Im doing. Also I think in my late thirties I need to push the boat out so to speak and haver a cooler car than my mini convertible.

I think this will hold its value so Im only really paying fees for fuel and road tax. Cars are super cheap in britbong land Im sure its fine.

Anyone think maybe it will hold its value and Ill get to have a year or so fun in it? also it can work as a camper so Ill save around $150 a night when I go travelling around the europes

cmon guys noone think this is actually a good Any Forumsvestment?

Attached: f2e0dc73140be120f749e7c76db658f9.jpg (728x728, 59.3K)

Was just a brag thread lmao

Aren't they just overpriced Jeep Wranglers?

femanon here,
my panties are soaked. pls stop or I'll have to go fap again. I hate when sexy mens get me all worked up.

Attached: 1654413318773.png (529x599, 165.4K)

Used defender land rovers go for used than they costed new dumbass

Land Rovers are utter shitboxes. The only reasons they are so expensive are city slackers, who need 4x4 for going camping and retarded housewifes of rich idiots.

Buy a Lada Niva instead.

Since we are talking about 4x4, what about Jimmy's?

Considering getting one for work (trades apprentice)

>10 yr old land rover
>holds its value
nobody tell him

worst reliability of almost any SUV

I’d rather buy a Toyota Landcruiser. I wonder if I could buy those in the states.

anything is better than a mini. they're garbage. buy a jaguar.

Surely /O/ would be more apt for this question?

The used market for these is dangerous territory. The chassis are made of steel so are very susceptible to rust and rot. There are many companies that will buy old ones that have been used on a farm or even worse been in the sea. Then they will coat the chassis in waxoyl and paint to cover up the rust, jazz them up with accessories like nice wheels and lights to sell them for a huge profit to yuppies who know nothing about cars. These vehicles all need completely rebuilding to drive anything close to what a normal car will drive like and even then will require layers and layers of soundproofing to make them remotely pleasant to drive. Also you will probably want a roll cage because the A and B pillars are like breadsticks.

Landies need quite a lot of maintenance.

Will be 3k maintenance a year min, car port costs, diesel/gasoline costs, insurance, tax.

But otherwise, the second hand price should not go down unless it is a diesel.

Check my reply fren, also don't listen to any of the Americans in here the used Defender market is very different in NA

Yes people don't realise unless they've owned one or been in one they are a very agricultural vehicle. Seen some very nice modified ones though

>These vehicles all need completely rebuilding to drive anything close to what a normal car will drive like
anyone planning on buying a Land Rover better take a test drive first. Preferably in a city, if thats where they'll use it. They are nothing remotely like 'a normal car'. But you'll really appreciate 'normal cars' again afterwards.

>too stupid to even type out his argument
>he's wrong anyway
lmao biz is such a joke