Entering recession, FED increases rates, terrible quarterly earnings

Why are stocks going up again bros? Even if your arguments are wrong, just give me some, because I can't come up with anything explaining this.

Attached: 1658800302072961.jpg (604x541, 58.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cmegroup.com/trading/interest-rates/countdown-to-fomc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mental illness is the only explanation I got left

Uhh, hello? Priced in.

This exact thing happened in may. Powell came out and everything went apeshit, next day everything gapped back down. I remember well because I had a call that I didn’t sell that day and the next day it was worth shit. If you have any calls in the green right now, I strongly suggest selling

Economic warfare against the us citizens. Couldn’t be anymore obvious now.

The markets expected a hike, which was already priced in. The fact that the hike was 75 and not 100 is what is causing the pump.

>LE PRICED IN DIAMOND HANDS SILLY BOBOS THE MARKET IS FORWARD LOOKING
If you look at charts of historical recessions, the summer is a period of lower volume and lower volatility. The reason Black September has happened more than once is because people come back from vacation, observe that the market is fucked and then dump their portfolios.

These are recurring constants in the market, it is cyclical and observable. The bobo may lose today, but he wins when september 1st comes around.

>INCREASING COST OF CAPITAL
>DECLINING EARNINGS
>FLOUNDERING SUPPLY CHAIN
>ALL PRICED IN

Attached: 65736a196c9196a8ec6a97f94ab5f08eb61aff586da0483904dba708d8ec15df.png (566x369, 222.73K)

the market is retarded like always

I thought about this, but for me a 0.25% hike was more likely than a 1% hike considering the terrible economic data. Even the WSJ wasn't sure yesterday if they would hike full 0.75%. I really don't understand how anybody expected 1%.

same people that tell you if you mutilate your dick you're a women are saying were not in a recession...got it

>gdp way down
>but employment way up
this seems bad

You can't price a total economic collapse.

the cpi numbers were the reason why some people expected 1%. The expectations that the futures market implies are always shown here:
cmegroup.com/trading/interest-rates/countdown-to-fomc.html

The latest CPI figures were the highest they've been yet, that would have been a reason to hike 1%.

I didn't know americans had vacations

Short squeeze

The 1% do.

That's actually a good point. Would this imply falling prices tomorrow if all shorts panic-bought today?

This. You underestimate how addicted the market is to the upside. Thats the results of using QE for decades. These people will buy the all the dips until they are broke

That’s old data from June, retard