Why does saying a mortgage is a bad investment trigger so many people?

>Be me at family dinner
>user why don't you buy a house like your sister and *sister's boyfriend* and become a home owner
>Because a mortgage is the worst investment you can ever make, renting gives me the freedom to move around and do what I want at a moments notice and not be stuck down for decades in one place. I have plans to see the world and live in different countries.
>Sister goes red
>Random Aunt: You need to buy a house and stop these silly dreams
>Me: Plus she doesn't own the home the bank does, she had hundreds of monthly payments for decades, if she misses 2 or 3 of those in a row the house is no longer hers
>A couple people go psycho
>Asked to leave the table

Attached: 1.jpg (590x366, 66.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

policygenius.com/taxes/what-happens-if-you-dont-file-taxes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they don't know what freedom since they've been enslaved for years.
Women enjoy the matrix. Men don't.
They probably got vaxxed too.
If they did , refer them here
pfizer.com/refunds

who walked the dinosaur

the crazy uncle, right after OP left the table

OK

you know you can sell your home while paying the mortgage.
if the house raises in value then you make profit.
then go onto the next house.
renting is basically finding a middleman , and someone else if the waterline or electeical system breaks.

this day and age home ownership is a skill in maintenence and repair, and government buruacracy. i dont blame you if you dont have the time , patience and where with all to develop those skills and develop those skills.

pretty much this.
Op listen to wise user here. They're projecting female values onto you.

None of this happened. Family discussions do not go down like "why don't you do x like y did?" unless you're in some pajeet culture where you have to worship the ground any cunt older than you walks on. And if you are part of those cultures that fuck you and your irrelevant ways

>be le me
>I am so right and smart and cool
>Be anyone else
>Le dumb and mad

Attached: Screenshot_20220727-030902_Chrome.jpg (1080x1913, 422.7K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220727-031052_Chrome.jpg (1080x823, 131.13K)

>Be me at dinner with my girlfriend's family
>We talk about home ownership
>Her brother, who lives in his parents' basement, is enraged by this topic
>I ask him if he's ever kissed a girl
>He starts crying and leaves the table
>We all laugh

I bought a house, but travel the world. Right now I am locked in @2.3 for 27 more years, and making a couple hundred every month renting it out.

>b-b-but... the bank owns your home!!!! You're a slave!!!

Because you're retarded. A house is an asset, you can move somewhere else and rent out or sell the house. Once you've payed a months rent you've lost that money.

It's literally me, but no money and no champ player nfts.

I think I should consider moving out on my own

fuck you and your investment house nigger
its people like that you that priced out normal people from being able to afford a home to raise a family

I get that line of thinking, but Im also building equity.
one man buying one house is NOT the issue with the housing market. I actually bring stability because Im not a flipper or a big corporation just looking to make a profit. If you really want to be mad about something be mad about these huge hedge funds scooping up entire neighborhoods all over the country

>retarded
>payed

Mortgage fags really are braindead

Hooming is only retarded if

>You live in a shithole like Canada or NZ with an unreasonable housing market
>Your mortgage is half your income
>Your mortgage is more than a third of your income and you've set in on a fixed rate on really low interest rates
>You might need to move for work
>The house is so old and fucked you're constantly fixing shit and doing renovations

Hoomers are typically like, lower level white collar or construction workers who get their parents to give a deposit for the downpayment and twiddle their thumbs expecting the low interest rates to last forever.

where·with·al

/ˈ(h)werwiT͟Hˌôl,ˈ(h)werwiTHˌôl/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the money or other means needed for a particular purpose.

"they lacked the wherewithal to pay"

Idiot.

My uncle yelled at me because I didn't want to go to university.
I asked if he would pay for my books and shit, he said no, I said then how the fuck could I afford it and then called me lazy even though he never worked construction or roofing before.

Yes.
If I had the money to buy a house I would buy a couple acres of land and a trailer.

Kek your family is retarded. You made valid points and showed your viewpoint and the benefits of doing the opposite.

Don't pay taxes and work under the table then.

policygenius.com/taxes/what-happens-if-you-dont-file-taxes/
Five years in federal prison I guess.

its not an investment its a liability read a book please

The correct past tense of the verb pay is paid, as long as the word is used in the financial or transactional sense. If the verb pay is used in a nautical sense, the correct form is payed. What can you do with the verb pay?
Man I hate being poor and I hate this site.