I sent $900 of Matic to my deposit address on the exchange but it's the wrong network. $900 gone

I sent $900 of Matic to my deposit address on the exchange but it's the wrong network. $900 gone....

Attached: 0966897.jpg (200x197, 7.07K)

C U R R E N C Y O F T H E F U T U R E

Attached: 1657159269900.png (228x221, 9.59K)

>be retarded
>fuck up a trustless, non custodial transfer
>NO NO NO THIS ISN'T LIKE MY BANK!!! I NEED A THIRD PARTY TO BABYSIT MY MONEY

Attached: you lol.png (310x326, 56.18K)

Lmaooooooooooooooo

Attached: 1649435149270.jpg (1200x1165, 109.81K)

send support an email, i've seen anons have similar issues in the past. If you have sent it to another network that shares the same key generation as Ethereum (polygon, arbitrum, etc etc), they have the keys to that wallet too and so they should be able to recover your funds. if you sent it to a BTC address or something though then there's no hope unfortunately. hope this helps, good luck user

Attached: 1599486353338.jpg (640x640, 42.24K)

As satoshi said: if someone is too retarded to send funds on the blockchain it is considered as a donation to all blockchain users as everyones value of the tokens rise a bit. So thank you user for donating to us for a better future :)

Clearly op does

some do, user. if it's coinbase or a few others its lost.

Contacted the support guy but he says there is no way to recover it unfortunately. I've been feeling sick all day and just managed to fuck up, if I was feeling well it wouldn't have happened because I went through the process before and didn't make that mistake. Sent polygon matic to matic erc20 address... or what the fuck ever.

It could be worse. I've heard of anons who sent $500k to the wrong wallet addresses. You learned a valuable lesson for pretty cheap in comparison

If it makes you feel better, i deleted my old wallet with no backup and missed the Uni drop. Worth about 14k at the top. These things happen

Stuff like this makes me think that in the future we'll be looking at a kind of hybrid crypto/tradfi setup. Normies, your boomer uncle, etc. are not going to learn how to prevent things like this from happening, memorize a 12 -24 word key set, etc. I think we'll see banks and apps lean into simplified versions that work more like Venmo or PayPal with a blockchain backing and advertise it as the best of both worlds.
As nice as the totally decentralized dream is, I think for lots of new money to pour in we'll eventually need things like this prevented from happening

Just call them up and ask for a reversal

I remember that one dude in december who sent 350 eth to the usdc contract adress
Was 99% of funds of the wallet he sent it from

Attached: 1648495750580.png (442x446, 234.46K)

who tf doesn't do a test with like 2 coins first?

Does anyone remember the guy that sent 30K worth of Link to a LinkPool address

Not my problem.

Call customer support. I’m sure they will give you a refund.

future of finance

Kek

To be clear it isn’t gone. It is eternal in some random person’s wallet or it was burned.

it happens. its happened to me a few times, best way is to send a small test amount to check first

if it was a CEX they can try to help you get your money back if you contact customer service. they will charge a fee though.

there is Matic (ethereum) and Matic (polygon). got to be careful.