Bed Bath and Beyond Due Dilligence

Alright fags. Read my DD.
(fintel.io/ss/us/bbby)
>Ryan Cohen invested and [11,257 Call options expiring January 2023 for a $60 strike, 444 $75 calls, and 5000 $80 calls. and a shit ton of shares to own 9.8% of the company.
(sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/886158/000119380522000426/sc13d13351002_03072022.htm).
That is mind bogglingly confident and i would follow any billionaire on this trade.
>the company is valued at $402m market cap, yet the the company they own Buy Buy Baby are estimated to be worth $1.5 billion
(s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/bbbletter030622.pdf); (search.brave.com/search?q=market cap of BBBY&source=web)
>Ryan Cohen wrote a letter to the board of directors suggesting they keep quiet about their moves, realign their assets, sell Buy Buy Baby.
(s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/bbbletter030622.pdf)
>Ryan Cohen convinced the board to remove the CEO
(reuters.com/business/bed-bath-beyond-ceo-steps-down-2022-06-29/).
>He then brought people onboard to transform the company.
(reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/bed-bath-beyond-reaches-deal-with-billionaire-cohen-appoints-three-new-directors-2022-03-25/)

>the stock for this company is around $5 per share

Opinion:

the stocks movements and the people involved make this basically Gamestop 2.0

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 5.41.22 PM.png (544x351, 370.16K)

interesting thoughts herr colonel.

And those a big calls. Consumer discretionary making a comeback? If you get a look they're the worst performing sector in the market right now. A comeback in inevitable, but why January 2023? Rate drops and QE aren't supposed to start up again til Q1 2023.

Why exactly would BB&B recover in this environment?

>Why exactly would BB&B recover in this environment?
Bed bath and beyond as it currently exists is a train wreck, just from a consumer/retail perspective alone. So, the answer to your question is to look at how Ryan Cohen handled GameStop's transformation. We saw nothing out of him nor GameStop for months before deals starting lining up. His strategy as detailed in the letter is to remain as silent as possible about his moves. I don't think retail is making a comeback. Almost every retail store that isn't adapting to the obvious changes in the retail shopping sector is going the way of Bed Bath and Beyond. That is -- if this company has something others don't, its largely speculation. Unknown Unknowns.

Refreshing to actually see some thought in a post on this cesspool. Im looking to start position here after this week. Reddit bought this in the mid teens so these are great entries right now. Cohen will turn this one around.

Interesting. Thanks for the post.

100% of BB&B's inventory can be bought more cheaply on Amazon. They have no business case.

Doesn’t bbb have higher quality shit than Chinese bullshit on Amazon? I wouldn’t buy any kind of bedding on Amazon

kek this guy buys his bedding from bed bath and beyond

good goy

as discussed, its a speculative play based on a turnaround for the company. im planning on selling as soon as the sale of Buy Buy Baby is announced.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 7.36.45 PM.png (454x321, 238.07K)

FUCK YEAH

Position Owned:
11x $15 call options contracts
695 shares at $7.60 per/share.

Will sell when BBBY is at $15-$25

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 5.02.46 PM.png (579x772, 1003.53K)

11,257 Call options expiring January 2023 for a $60 strike
5000 $80 calls. and a shit ton of shares to own 9.8% of the company.
the company is valued at $402m market cap, yet the the company they own Buy Buy Baby are estimated to be worth $1.5 billion
quiet about their moves, realign their assets, sell Buy Buy Baby.
the stock for BBBY is around $5 per share

It's the same shit for 3x the price, plus you have to spend several hours digging around in their godawful stores

It's often lower quality desu.

People who know what they want (re: cookware, housewares, etc) shop from Amazon, Etsy, Wayfare. People who don't know what they want shop at Target and Dollar Tree.

Bedbath targeted both those types of houseware shoppers, and they did it well. They were quite competitive in their sector BACK WHEN DEPARTMENT STORES EXISTED. BACK IN THE DAYS OF JC PENNY, SEARS, AND MERVIN'S CALIFORNIA.

As a business, they're doing nothing right. Boomers (their last shoppers) are just now starting to retire, taking their buying power out of the market. Bedbath will die slowly as their customers begin to trickle away, so it's not even worth shorting since it's death won't be sudden. Just don't touch it.

Good riddance. Shopping there is torture.

rate screenie lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 8.22.18 PM.png (277x242, 25.07K)

What are you INSANE?

yeah actually my family and friends are worried about me. also im a little worried about myself. but over all i fuck, chill, eat well, work out, and create alot.

>he doesn't buy his bed from the cool homeless guy
what's your brain damage? at least you could say something more meaningful like idk, dog shit like shiba or qom will make it to the end of the month

You are supposed to buy your bedding from the upscale interior design stores in your city/upper middle class suburb. You do live in one of these, right?

nah idk ive had my shit for a while

Oh great another cultist general.

i tried to short this shit in 2021. it was like $28 a share and i knew this company was shit cuz i used to work there. unfortunately i didnt know how options worked and only bought a 3 month long option. lost $500.seeing the shares at $5 now fills me with an undescribable rage.