Do you think Pokénature is as brutal as real nature

Do you think Pokénature is as brutal as real nature

Attached: 5omwi2hyp3x81.jpg (640x778, 91.42K)

According to the pokedex entries (especially the older ones) yeah. They were eating each other all the time. I think Fearow hunted Raticate, Weepinbell ate anything that could fit in its mouth, Kadabra was a little boy that got turned into a pokemon, etc.

A few pokemon were stated to be outright capable of killing the Indian elephant.

Gen 7 has a lot of predatory dex entries as well - they haven't really pulled back on that aspect of the world, although it's never actually depicted.

It'd more brutal because real animals don't shoot fire and electricity.

>Arceus game came out
>not a single pokémon hunting other pokémon
Lazy fucks

It definetely is OP, but I simply refuse to believe it happens

Attached: 5397f4fb93d4a4dd1286cddb04591ccd.jpg (850x850, 139.72K)

Mandibuzz literally eats Cubone for fun in Alola. Which makes their evolution more baffling.

Nope, all Pokemon just eat berries and the pokedex entries are fiction.

It's in the game, therefore it's true. In-game information can't be incorrect, because the writers wrote it.

Kadabra was not a little boy. That is an in universe novel, like the fly/metamorphosis.

If the pokedex is to be taken as fact, then no, it's worse

it is, but shouldn't be and contradicts the utopian aspect. they should slowly retcon the lore to basically make all pokemon/people vegan. I'm not vegan, but the Pokémon world should be, just to properly show how a utopian world would exit.

I always preferred the anime depictions over Pokedex edginess. Pokemon only works because it's wholesome and innocent. The moment you have depictions of brutality, it's no longer Pokemon.

The idea of a Sharpedo or Gyarados being vegan is laughable.

Fuck off, twittertroon

Cramorant literally has two forms where it has another Pokemon in its beak.

Attached: External-internal-anatomy-electric-eel-Electrophorus-electricus.jpg (1600x880, 327.71K)

They literally showed SlowpokeTail to still be an ingredient in food in Sw/Sh.

Attached: The-Bombardier-Beetle.png (557x352, 256.18K)

It carries some really grimdark implications if some (or most) Pokemon are carnivores

I'm not even vegan, but a world of creatures that are clearly sapient to some extent, more like people than animals, and they need to viciously hunt and tear to shreds eachother and/or humans to survive, the existence of that would be infinitely more fucked up than real life drooling retard animals preying on eachother, it's more akin to a cannibalist Mad Max wasteland, it'd be way out of place grimdark if they showed that

It makes more sense to assume they're all omnivores, which is why any species can eat berries

>more like people than animals
That only applies to Psychic types and even then it's only a handful of species. Your average mon is a little more self-aware than base animals given the drive to get stronger and actively form symbiotic relationships to get it but intelligence doesn't seem to go farther than that.