Since Johto is hated so much for “butchering” Kanto and “leeching off” Kanto. Why didn’t HGSS erase Kanto...

Since Johto is hated so much for “butchering” Kanto and “leeching off” Kanto. Why didn’t HGSS erase Kanto, dexcut the Gen 1 mons, and give Johto its own league so that Johto could be more than “half a region” or whatever buzzwords PChal’s hoes are throwing around?

Attached: E868D9BA-B364-44EF-BE79-49490C8F61C8.jpg (473x473, 37K)

>makes anti johto argument
>KANTO THIS KANTO THAT KANTO KANTO KANTO

I don't understand how people think Johto leeches off Kanto? What by having Kanto mon in it? What the fuck were they supposed to do, pretend Kanto mon don't exist?

Unironically we are witnessing the effects of what growing up with constant shit takes from contrarian clickbait Poketubers without playing the damn games yourself while living in a zeitgeist devoid of critical thinking and a cult of personality culture does to a brain.

It isn't. You fell for the influencer meme and have no opinion of your own.

Zoomers are just unable to realize that Johto games are direct sequels to Kanto games.
Normal video games have sequels that complement the previous entries, but for some reason GF started soft rebooting the series with gen 3 and every gen after that.
Strangely pokemon also turned stale after that. It didn't feel like a series anymore, more like getting a new slightly different version of star wars phantom menace every time.

Zoomers and retards that haven't played the game take arguments from people who have and twist it in their retarded brains for the worst outcome.
The common knock against it is how they decided to make so many of the new Pokémon rare as fuck, shitmon, or both, and how some of the gym leaders don't even rep them. Somehow this gets translated into this retarded shit.

>Strangely pokemon also turned stale after that. It didn't feel like a series anymore, more like getting a new slightly different version of star wars phantom menace every time.
So true. That's why PLA is the best game since Johto

Actually, making Johto entirely its own thing might be an interesting creative exercise. That said...

>Dexcut the Kanto Pokemon

You'd have a Pokedex of 100, maybe a few more if you include things like Belossom's preevolutions, Yanmega, etc. I think strategically cutting 50 monsters out of Gen 2's 251 cumulative would be more reasonable.

>Normal video games have sequels that complement the previous entries, but for some reason GF started soft rebooting the series with gen 3 and every gen after that.
they're JRPGs user, JRPGs very rarely get direct sequels and even within the same series there's a tendency for every game to be a standalone entry

This, it's the modern concept of a new generation that is complete cancer, Gen 2 actually did it right. It was Masuda that turned the series from an evolving project into the daily soup special with a net zero sum from the previous where everything is temporary and nothing gets expanded on and Ohmori brought that up to a 15/10. Part of me really hopes that one day Tajiri comes out of retirement to direct one more game.

Why has this topic been all over the catalog for the last few days anyway? Is it some kind of a raid? Why now?

I thought it’d be interesting to make a Johto-exclusive Pokedex of varying degrees. Below is what I believe is the strictness-possible interpretation, composed solely of evolutionary lines originating in Gen 2, no intergenerational evolutions or preevolutions.

Total Pokemon: 81

Final evolution typing totals:
Bug - 6
Dark - 4
Dragon - 0
Electric - 3
Fairy - 3
Fighting - 1
Fire - 5
Flying - 12
Ghost - 1
Grass - 4
Ground - 4
Ice - 3
Normal - 9
Poison - 2
Psychic - 6
Rock - 5
Steel - 2
Water - 9

Attached: JohtoEx1.png (1140x926, 633.2K)

lol no retard
the argument is that johto is tiny as fuck, with some of its most recognisable mons being unavailable before postgame, its mon distribution garbage, gym leaders not even repping the new mons, and a plethora of other issues because gf just had to shove an empty kanto in the cartridge
hoenn by comparison has a much more distinct identity that doesn't feel derivative of KANTOOOO, because gf realised that stuffing a bunch of empty regions alongside the new one just ends up crippling the former

This adds in the evolutions and preevolutions of Pokemon originating in Gen 1 that were created for the Gen 2 games, plus the other members of those lines. This significantly adds to the type diversity present within Gen 2, with the exception of the Dragon and Ghost types.

Total Pokemon: 129

Bug - 7
Dark - 5
Dragon - 1
Electric - 6
Fairy - 5
Fighting - 5
Fire - 7
Flying - 13
Ghost - 1
Grass - 6
Ground - 5
Ice - 4
Normal - 11
Poison - 4
Psychic - 10
Rock - 5
Steel - 4
Water - 15

Attached: JohtoEx2.png (1140x1439, 1020.13K)

*plus the other members of those lines originating in Gen 1

Holy shit, are you me?
I feel the exact same. GSC/HGSS remained my favorite all the way up until PLA.

this, minus the PLA part

>Strangely pokemon also turned stale after that. It didn't feel like a series anymore, more like getting a new slightly different version of star wars phantom menace every time.
The soft rebooting thing is big mistake. In the long run how many post gen 3 Pokemon really took off? I can think about maybe 15-20 total. It just cluttered the dex and now one of the big issues now is that they have too many Pokemon.

Adds in Gen 1 Pokemon that are important story-wise, thematically, or mechanically to Johto, but otherwise have no connection to it.

Bellsprout line - Inspiration for Sprout Tower
Kabuto line - Referenced in Ruins of Alph tile puzzle
Omanyte line - Referenced in Ruins of Alph tile puzzle
Aerodactyl - Referenced in Ruins of Alph tile puzzle
Lapras - Special encounter in Union Cave
Farfetch’d - You wrangle the lost Farfetct’d in Ilex Forest
Magikarp line - Associated with Lake of Rage
Voltorb line - Need to faint Electrodes in Rocket Hideout
Dratini line - Lance’s Dragonite is important to story
Abra line - Abra at Indigo Plateau can teleport you home

I realize this is kind of open to interpretation. Let me know your thoughts.

Total Pokemon: 149

Bug - 7
Dark - 5
Dragon - 2
Electric - 7
Fairy - 5
Fighting - 5
Fire - 7
Flying - 17
Ghost - 1
Grass - 7
Ground - 5
Ice - 5
Normal - 12
Poison - 5
Psychic - 11
Rock - 8
Steel - 4
Water - 19

Attached: JohtoEx3.png (1140x1653, 1.16M)

Forgot to add, I think this is the bare minimum Pokedex that is practical for the original GBC Gen 2 games

what game are these models from?
They look too hires for colo or xd