Tradie Kings General

Everyone wants to wear Carhartts till it's time to do Carhartt shit.

Attached: 1658463797589289.jpg (750x580, 66.72K)

After reading many posts of "programers" and "STEM" seething at tradies I think I have finally figured out where the hate comes from.
It's an inferiority complex.
A real tradie can do their jobs with little more than some schooling, but they can't do tradie work no matter how many books they read.
>Inb4 muh db tradie
Ok, you calculate a pick plan using two cranes with different loading capacities on an eccentrically shaped load that needs to be flipped mid air and weighs 10 ton.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Now start the seething kek.
t. Plumber working 4 mos out of the year making 45k. I could work all year but that gets in the way of taking care of my homestead.

Attached: Resized_Resized_Resized_20210207_135951.jpg (1440x1080, 392.76K)

FUCK OFF

machinist here it's pretty sweet half the time I'm just standing around. Can get pretty stressful when things are going wrong but things are so dialed in these days that only really happens on new parts

Everyone wants to be a DAO till it's time to compete with bitDAO. Also this is Any Forums retard.

He's literally talking about business

Attached: 1654818102735.png (506x438, 232.32K)

i want to buy an old 3 axis CNC for like $15k to dick around with despite having no experience beyond beginner/intermediate fusion 360 skills and the 3d printing meme.

IDGAF, I'll pay a plumber $100/hour to fix my shit smelly toilet.

Meanwhile I make 275k WFH, with only 6 years of experience and no degree writing code.

I'll be retired before 35 without breaking my body, can you say the same?

It's just the salty programmers. Don't mind them. Soyb*ys are always intimidated by real men

Attached: 1657681126514.jpg (1009x1004, 100.63K)

What do you do and how do you get into your career path.

it's pretty easy to learn I honestly can't believe people go to school for it I just learned working in a shop how to do it in a few months. the old machines are still good if well maintained but the U/I is total shit the new machines with the new operating systems are really nice.

I'm retired now. And I'll happily charge you $150/hr to change the wax seal on your toilet in 15 minutes then sit in my van doing "paperwork" for another hour and 45 minutes kek.

That's fine with me, I make $250 an hour and basically sit on my ass doing the same thing.

I remember when I got into the trades a guy told me I was a retard and I should go work for the paper mill like him. He sat on his ass for 12 hours a day watching logs roll down a line and got 45 an hour for it. The most work he ever did was putting a log back on the line if it fell.

I told him I didn't want to be useless as I got older and accrue skills. He said he makes enough money to pay other people to do anything he needs. The paper mill shut down. He lost his house and he's in his 30s with no skills besides watching Netflix. Meanwhile I do cash jobs for friends and acquaintances who know me from work. Stupid Trades ruin their bodies in the pursuit of money. Smart tradies never ruin their bodies so the boss can make a few dollars more. I plan on getting my red seal certification done in the next 2 years to be a journeyman and I'm moving into another profession and still having the trades as my fall back.

You will never be a real man desk nerds. And women soak themselves at the sight of a man who is useful and not just a piggy bank. Life is good. Just finished building a museum. My works will be looked upon for generations, and my legacy immortal. I hope your website header doesn't get replaced.

Attached: 1624386005954.jpg (780x521, 176.26K)

See and that's how commerce works. I have a skill you need, you have money I want, I trade my skill for your money and both are happy. So why so much jealousy and hate?
Are you just mad my net income is higher even though you consider yourself more valuable?

you have to be retardedly smart to pass the multiple round interviews to get these kind of coding jobs, you can skirt 'round by freelancing but most of these posters are total fakes and have no idea what they're talking about, coding is a truly subhuman activity I do not envy the life of my coding freind. He's making money right now but he's chubby, going grey before 30, hates his job and has experienced nothing in his life.. ymmv

I just got out of finance to install security systems for a living. It pays better, less hours, and being in the office with Mr. Shekelburg for 9 hours a day made me want to kill myself.

people hate their jobs and then cope with "other job is worse". Its daycare "eat your greens and be happy you werent born in africa" for adults.

Personally you always suffer some grass is greener syndrome no matter what you do. Ive done bricklaying underage to earn under the table and i also did webdesign. Bullshit changes but never stops. If you only do one job you might thing if only i did something else.

I'm not the poster who you were addressing initially.
I always tell men under 30 to go into the trades.
I did plumbing in my early 20's, best shape of my life digfing trenches.

You guys always talk about broken bodies, but the real shit that does that is inactivity. All the 60 year old tradies I know are in great health, so long as they're not smokers.

Good on you, this man knows what's up.
>Boss- grab that 900 wall steal pipe and bring it here
>Me- k, where's the boom lift?
>Boss- just grab it I don't have time to wait on the boom lift.
>Me- HAHAHAHAHAH, but seriously, Fuck you, where's the boom lift?
>Boss- it's on the other side of the building faggot, and hurry up. I don't have all day.
>Me- brb!
This is the typical interaction between a boss and a smart tradie.

its mostly about how much you yolo disregarding your personal safety. You can see this with new regulations dropping certain diseases dramatically because it outlawed yoloing something on the job.

One of the journeymen I work with is 70 and the picture of health. He walks around without his shirt on and throws around 80lb bundles of shingles still. Dude is 5 feet tall flat and an absolute beast.