>Nearly 140k full nodes with good overall geographic distribution
Name me a more decentralized blockchain

Attached: chia.jpg (760x428, 27.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xchscan.com/charts/txns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In case anyone is curious what this network is even capable of

xchscan.com/charts/txns

About 2mil transactions a daily. This IS 'artificial' network activity persistent 'dust storms', but whether the transactions are valued in millions of dollars, or fractions of fractions of pennies, they network load is the same.

See BSV for a comparable POW network.
Different script language though. Chialisp is supposedly deliberately intended to NOT be turing complete, while bitcoin script language, supposedly isn't turing complete, Game of Life can run with it. So remains to be seen if there is a functional difference or if chialisp is just in a similar position. but there may be more distinction between the networks beyond consensus method.

Gene Hoffman looks like a scammer and Bram shits on all other projects. I won’t invest in negativity. Sorry!

Flax (XFX) is a decentralized green cryptocurrency based on a proof-of-space-and-time consensus algorithm, without a 95% premine, built by a community of space farmers for everyone.

Flax could be more decentralized. Fuck chia.

Its vast Jewish pre-mine ruins it. If it weren't for Bram Cohen I would have dismiss it as a complete scam.

>sucks about the jew premine
>but i trust COHEN

Nakomoto coefficient doesn't apply to premined altcoins.

how are transactions being counted? are these user transactions or consensus transactions?

They're are XCH transactions

Mapped out they are coming from one source, so obviously 'artificial' in the sense they do not appear to being occurring for particular purpose beyond flooding the network with transactions.

But so far as the network is concerned, they are no different than any transaction that involves you sending/receiving XCH. There's just millions of them.

okay, but that doesn't help me understand how the transactions are being counted. Millions of transactions are cool and all, but whos making them? How are they being counted? Chia is nowhere near as popular as something like ethereum or bitcoin, so it begs the question of how many people are actually engaging in the transactions and how those transactions are being counted.

>okay, but that doesn't help me understand how the transactions are being counted
The exact same way you would count transactions on BTC. How many address -> address operations occur in each block in a 24 hour period.

Chia is UTXO the same as BTC. Whatever you see or hear about BTC applies very directly to what you see or hear about XCH.

>Nakomoto coefficient doesn't apply to premined altcoins.
Chia isn't Proof of Stake so why wouldn't it?

>it begs the question of how many people are actually engaging in the transactions

One

Someone mapped out the source and receipt. It is basically one address sending entirely trivial amounts of XCH to seemingly random addresses. They ARE artificial - there is no 'commerce' occurring as a consequence of these transactions. But they ARE completely legit address-to-address transactions of XCH.

This

Attached: 405639de6431e937644fbc1879673bd3.jpg (300x234, 16.7K)

Has anyone figured out why the current dust stormed does what they do?

because it assumes neutral incentives, and premined altcoins, like chia, can have as many independent miners/validators as they want, but will always be as centralized as the premine made it.

In a word, No.

I had more chitter chatter, speculating on the matter, but
>Our system thinks your post is spam.
So... no. No one knows anything about it except what the network is capable in reality, not theoretical.

>but will always be as centralized as the premine made it.
That's a nice way to say absolutely nothing at all concrete. Even with the premine supposedly discouraging the network being decentralized is still has multiple times more nodes than even Bitcoin does. Helps to design your nodes to be extremely light so anyone can run them (and have farmers themselves make the blocks instead of pools)

>Fork coin and remove premine
>Do absolutely nothing else on the dev side and just take improvements done by the actual devs
lmao, you don't actually care about network decentralization you just want your fork of choice to do well because due to its lower netspace (less than 10% of Chia's) it's been easier for you to acquire a ton more coins than you have of Chia, especially for the fork 'devs' who were able to point their plots to it minute one

>95% premine
kek old fud is getting old
bought another stack, ty

anyone played picrel?
actually the very first game where you can earn some crypto coins (even tho they don't have any value) that is also fun to play.
I already won 4 games

Attached: 312134522073.jpg (316x81, 6.3K)