EIP 4488 sets the precedent for 'public good' layers to get preferential on-chain treatment

EIP 4488 sets the precedent for 'public good' layers to get preferential on-chain treatment.

Oracles need to be recognized as the ubiquitous layer 0 and public good service on which blockchain applications run.

The fact that Chainlink has to compete with all dapps to push price data on chain during crisis events, so all those dapps can remain operational, is utterly mind boggling.

The fact that Chainlink has to subsidies the core infrastructure of the entire defi economy out of its own pockets, while carrying all the multi chain, systemic risk of failure on its shoulders is utterly mind boggling.

We've had endless conversations about how solving the oracle problem wasn't simply a complex technical matter, but a complex chicken and egg economics problem as well. It requires an economy of scale despite dapps barely existing 3 years ago.

The fact that they succeeded so brilliantly & rapidly, achieving scale, sustainability and profitability in these adversarial conditions, is a testament to how fundamental the oracle layer is & how forward thinking, aggressive and hard working the cl team really is. It is, again, mind boggling. But in all the right ways.

Chainlink is now, by far, the most widely integrated middleware solution across the entire industry. And while it can sustain bootstrapping the entire industry and cover the gas expenses, it's about time that chains begin to recognize its pivotal role in the ecosystem as a main driver of dapps innovation and adoption.

And that ultimately means enabling oracles to have their own dedicated tx lane, slashing their gas costs entirely, as well as financially contributing to their growth. With staking and the partners growth program, this will accelerate.

Vitalik, for all his autistic genius, failed to foresee this and failed to understand his own baby and where and how it would generate value. Real world data, off chain compute, cross chain messaging. Ethereum will be reduced to a simple execution layer.

Attached: 1639081609979.jpg (2048x1152, 182.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.chain.link/sustainably-growing-chainlink/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Funny because under the modular framework the execution layer will actually be Chainlink running FSS and building blocks, while Ethereum just does validation.
But yes, Chainlink's gas exemption and priority move is some gangster shit that all settlement layers will have to bow to, because it will be literally impossible to remain competitive without leveraging Chainlink oracles, and Chainlink won't support your chain unless they get priority + discounts. So now every settlement framework works for us.
Barely anyone understands at this point, but they will.

Attached: thedon.png (1718x1276, 1.5M)

>us
your token guarantees you nothing aside from the fact that you funded sergey's oracle network in the early days

The D.O.N.

bulgaria is insolvent

Attached: 1640676502392.jpg (675x900, 59.96K)

>Aug 2020: $20
>Jul 2022: $6

>yewsGOOG ID
High IQ thread OP, have not seen the blockchain grant/prioriy aspect discussed much on here

Sergey said there were multiple blockchains agreeing to subsidize gas fees soon to be released. Any predictions on who that will be? Ethereum first?

Attached: 1626757492060.png (570x568, 41.71K)

Kek confirms that "You's Google" now, and yes we are.
No way ETH would hand that over first, has to be someone smaller. Since when have ETH fags given anything away that hasn't been dragged from their claws. I would bet a mid-tier like Polygon. BSC tier too retarded to implement it and ETH too aloof to be the first ones. Solana maybe, too. That sort of mid tier would be my bet.

not an argument

Source for Sergey saying this? Thanks

Agree with OP, I hold 0 Link and 0 Eth.
Link is utterly vital to defi but at the same time I think it is valued fairly.
And I don't agree with the multichain future, CCIP is completely useless and a technical dead end.

>Blockchain Gas Grants: An initiative where blockchain projects commit to offsetting the on-chain gas costs of oracle networks. This approach is backwards-compatible and doesn’t require technical changes to the underlying blockchain network. Grants from a number of leading blockchain ecosystems are expected to be announced in the near future.

blog.chain.link/sustainably-growing-chainlink/

imagine telling tiger woods how to swing a club lmao

this is nice and all but who fucking cares when there is no product? Alternatives are popping up every where while sergey is sitting with his thumb on his prostate eating bigmacs

I'd surprised if ETH was first to do this. Avax maybe? I wonder if he's referring to layer 2's as well.

if chainlink wants to survive it needs to abandon third party rent seekers like all third party token "powered" chains, especially those enabling mev. it is irrational for any application to exist on such a system

another hopium blogpost while the price keeps on dumping relentlessly
why the fuck do I even bother coming here anymore

It’s common knowledge that 90% of LINK OG’s came from Any Forums, and are thus unironic Nazis and extremely racist. This is evident when you look at the chats whenever Chainlink presents at conferences such as consensus or smartcon. It’s always N word this, N word that.

I personally don’t want to put my money into a project like that and keep that sort of company. Moreover, I question the intelligence of people who shill LINK given their backwards and racist political views.

Good thread

Attached: 67CD4507-4DE9-45CA-886F-0EC7060A71F4.jpg (259x194, 7.39K)

>why the fuck do I bother coming here anymore?
To seethe it seems

peak delusion thread