GOLD BUGS, pls explain this chart like I'm 5 years old

>picrel

Attached: metal_contracts.png (1296x911, 147.15K)

i hope a high IQ user can explain this. looks like the banks are trading/hedging gold contracts? for what reason?

anyone?

Because everyone & their mother know gold will reach $3000 by end of the year or 2023 at the latest.

I'm believe I'm qualified to answer this one.

paper contracts go weeeeeeeee

how are derivatives bullish for gold? they can be short positions for all you know?

By its nature, the majority of notional contract is long only.

>majority of notional contract is long only
very interesting, where can I read up on that? thanks!

Read the fucking note, smoothbrain.

lol

Just an observation from my job, some firms even only provide/offer long only contracts to their clients

>Read the fucking note, smoothbrain.
it says and chart shows the derivative position increased. showing an increased interest in trading precious metal. derivatives can be short or long smoothbrain. gold chart almost the same for 10 years straight.

>it says and chart shows the derivative position increased

Attached: 1654703032205.jpg (221x250, 8.52K)

Clearly, it would be wrong for the price of gold to be determined by the supply of, and the demand for, the actual metal. Therefore, it's necessary to use derivatives to maintain its 'correct' price.

>it's necessary to use derivatives to maintain its 'correct' price.
but the big increase means what now? it needs a load of longs to keep the price afloat?

>ITT fellow retards think they know better and are so clever KEK

>but the big increase means what now?
Nothing. Read the fucking note, mongoloid.

>2022
>people are still buying boomer rocks
Lmao. Boomer rocks are obsolete.

I see what you're getting at, OP, and you _appear_ to have some solid grasp of the fundamentals, but you're still acting like a fucking twat (replying to your own post, goading others into a dispute, etc), so your position is nigh irrelevant. Nigger.

>people are still buying
here it's commercial banks.

>fucking twat
bumping my thread until it gets an answer or provoke discussion makes me twat? discussions are a good learning tool.

Attached: 2.jpg (500x667, 67.36K)

Not enough actual gold to meet demand? No problem - here's paper gold!
Paper gold increasing even before Q1 2022. Whilst I'm not saying that the purpose of the SA-CCR was to conceal a further increase, it would have that effect. We can't say for sure, because the underlying change Q4-Q1 is, in fact, concealed.