Virtual lands in metaverse

Did I just waste my money buying a virtual land in a metaverse

Attached: 876459876345.jpg (960x576, 61.26K)

No because you didn't actually do it did you, you're just shitposting. I see right through you

I've been thinking of writing an article about how metaverses aren't going to be very profitable. Second Life was a perfect example as there had been repeated attempts by academia and business to use the game to do *something* and outside of advertising they never really came up with anything. The advertising did not have wide exposure either
Metaverses and virtual land are a meme outside of your own enjoyment of it

Fuck off

Wait you ACTUALLY bought peepee poopoo 3D land??

I've lost count of the number of criticism I've seem about the Second life

WTF is that?

Attached: 384473846834.jpg (600x600, 57.99K)

>The advertising did not have wide exposure either
If the advertising was better. Do you think it would have been more successful?

I lost my money buying game token. Shit

Sorry for your loss

Attached: 1651420740917s.jpg (249x217, 6.25K)

Normie question

what do you realistically think the draw of a metaverse is? What do you envision people coming to do there and how would your land be profitable as a result of that?
Second Life had sex and a good and user-friendly but in depth building system. The only people making money were those selling in-game products, and they could make decent money, and some people renting out land they owned. If you want to potentially make money off of metaverse stuff I'd recommend you do some research about Second Life, There (sort of similar but a failed competitor), and Eve (not a metaverse but a game a lot of money has passed through)

How does this relate pajeet?

To be honest, I think the metaverse will be a big deal for early adopters because I see the metaverse gaining more traction with time.

I once read on this board that someone got raped in the metaverse, I wonder how possible that could be.

well that's the case with any high risk-high reward investment
however with a metaverse we already have a prototype to study and that's Second Life which has been around for nearly twenty years and was the most successful in the "metaverse" genre. It even has a currency
I don't see it as being that profitable unless you understand what you are appealing to, which is relatively niche sexual fetishists and roleplayers. I think there may be more interest early on when the metaverse projects first emerge and then everyone will just realize they're at best a new second life and only the weirdos will stick around. I see no reason to think that most normies will get involved in metaverse stuff, at least in the long term

I am still trying to figure out how this is possible

Attached: ET6COPMXsAIUquo.jpg (500x414, 22.07K)

Not all the metaverse though. Some are going to shit

Early birds and late owls.....

Based. Same way not all crypto projects survive, but I think sports and entertainment will thrive in the metaverse

>see no reason to think that most normies will get involved in metaverse stuff, at least in the long term
How about in sports? virtual stadiums and all the sorts. That was never a thing before

Attached: 384649574.jpg (800x374, 138.05K)

Sports in the metaverse will be a big deal for me and I think for most ardent lover of sports.

If backed by some pajeets, it could flop, dont you think?

I really can't comment on that if my perspective isn't apparent I'm a millennial boomer who played second life. I have no understanding of e-sports or the like. I am assuming you mean virtual stadiums with 3D renderings/images of real sports matches going on live?
what does a virtual stadium add that simply watching a video of it doesn't?

Well, one thing I know about sports fan is the passion that underlines their interest. I know many people who will not mind to pay extra just to have a feel of being in a stadium if they can't physically be there

Besides, I've seen pitches of virtual gyms and training. Basically fans training with actual sport celebrities on it.