How many suits should you own once you make it? Also any advice on how to not appear as a poorfag anymore?

How many suits should you own once you make it? Also any advice on how to not appear as a poorfag anymore?

Attached: f3eeff2a31b720b854e238300b204933.png (948x1190, 1.41M)

Wanting to wear suits makes you look like a poorfag, user. People who have to wear suits can't wait to take them off and wear more comfy shit. No fuckign way am I wearing a suit in a casual setting unless I have to.
t. financefag who often has to wear suits for work purposes

If you don't own suits made in Savile Row, you will look cheap. Old money can spot new ''made it'' money from a mile off. They will spit on you.

People who've actually made it dress in clothes not far removed from what a hobo would wear

I should also add to this that you're going to look like a fucking aspie unless the situation demands that you wear a suit. For example, let's say you work for an asset management firm and you turn up to your local bar after work and a friend or the chick behind the bar asks "have you just come from the office?", then you can legitimately say "yeah" and sigh without it being weird. But let's say you don't work for an asset management firm and instead work in a fucking shoe shop or some shit - the first question you're going to get is "why the fuck are you wearing a suit lol".

Good

0, once you make it you should never wear that uncomfortable shit again

Get your own tailor once you make it, educate yourself about classic mens fashion and find out what style fits you and what doesn't. I recommend Sartorial Talks Podcasts/Videos as a good starting point. Every man should own at least one good suit, but there is no upper limit if you enjoy dressing up.

Don't listen to retards like . I'm taking every bet that the only suits this guy wears are shitty glued mall suits.

Attached: 0de5239b41dc9fb5962d4adfdde3319b.jpg (236x236, 17.44K)

i own 7-8 suits. hate them, but need to wear them in the office. at least ties are not needed any more.

beware, suits fall out of fashion with time and even a small hole in a trouser means you can throw them away. I got tailor made suits, Boss suits that of course are not tailor made and one cheap suit I had to buy in a hurry on a business trip as someone had spilled BBQ sauce over my suit trousers - that cheap suit still works, while all but one tailor made suits are pretty much done.

If I make it (15 mill+), I burn all suits and wear Arabic trad clothes.

Attached: D35DD3A8-F498-4171-A6D3-0AA31BF051CF.jpg (828x1792, 90.82K)

Phoneposting sucks, wanted to quote

You're a nigger. The more you speak the more evident it becomes. I'm going to ask you to stop posting and leave my thread.

>some chick behind the bar starts talking to you first
DUDE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING WIN TO ME

Absolutely based. I'm gonna to look up the podcast now. Thank you for your help.

>poverty-tier: you can only afford one suit
buy a black suit. You can wear it at funerals, weddings, church -- literally wherever a suit is appropriate.
>lower middle class: you can afford two suits
your second suit should be dark navy blue. This is a better color than black to wear to weddings, and is a more appropriate suit for outdoor events and for summer.
upper middle class: you can afford three suits
your third suit should be a lighter color. Grey, white, or tan (although honestly you should probably go with grey; most people can't pull off a white or tan suit). Choose a thinner fabric. This is your summer suit, even better than your dark navy blue suit for outdoor events and summer events.
>wealthy: you can afford four suits
your fourth suit should be dark brown. Maybe don't go with a full suit, just a nice brown sports jacket paired with a different shade of tan slacks. Wear this suit to church and to restaurants.

with that being said, is absolutely right that it's pure unadulterated cringe when a blue collar person puts on a suit for no reason.

I knew a wagie couple -- a fry-cook and a hairdresser -- and they used to dress up in fancy suits and dresses on weekends for no reason whatsoever. Honestly it was kind of sad; it's like they were LARPing as wealthy, college-educated people to escape their small-town wagie lives.

If you go to a bar and you're the only person wearing a suit, and you didn't have any occasion to wear the suit, it's not so different from if you go to a bar and you're the only person wearing a trenchcoat and fedora.

I just own one navy one.

Ironically, people who are actually rich don’t bother dressing up.

Go anywhere where real rich people are - they’ll wear trackies and mismatched clothes.

Wearing suits everywhere when you clearly aren’t a businessman is tryhard

i wear oversized white t shirts and oversized basketball shorts everywhere fuck you

black suits are never appropriate outside of funerals

I hope OP posted that pic as a joke, he looks absolutely ridiculous.

One for black tie events/funerals and maybe a casual suit, no more.

Back in the day when clothes were relatively expensive, having a suit meant you were rich. Now that suits are widespread and their manufacture is industrialized and therefore cheap, wearing a suit (and tie) on a regular basis is a sign that someone or something (((owns))) you, and dictates how you must dress. True wealth in the 21st century means dressing in whatever you want, whenever you want.

There's a similar thing going on with watches. Back in the day they were a display of wealth because of their complexity. Now that a $5 watch can tell the time, wearing a regular "nice" watch (i.e. less than 5 figs) communicates to the world that someone else owns your time, so you need that watch to be aware of the time. If you're wearing a 5+ fig watch, that's another thing. At that point we're talking more jewelry than a mere timekeeping device...

This trend of objects flipping from being seen as displays of wealth to displays of poverty and vice-versa can be seen everywhere, and happen generationally.

More examples: In the 80s having a cellphone meant you were rich. An expensive cellphone now means (more probably than not) that you're an aspirational poorfag. Same thing with expensive sneakers.

On the other hand there's tatoos and piercings. They're cheap and therefore aren't logically indicative of wealth... more over, they indicate uneducated decision making. But there's a certain type of tatoo/piercing that indicates that you're wealthy enough that you don't care if the system deems you worthy of a (((job))).

80s Fiat Pandas. Until a few years ago they showed the world you were poor. Now that cheap cars are much more reliable, and easily accessible, old pandas they show the world you're rich, because you can spend all that money on a piece of shit just because it looks cool and makes you look cool.

NONE.
Why the fuck do you want to wear suit if you make it?

I'm the one that has a wardrobe full of suits, peasant, but who wears cargos and khakis and normal casual shirts when off the clock. You're the one wanting to play Don Draper dress up, incel.

>Savile Row
>Some meme $350 a set company
>Old money
Is this a joke?

Suits are anglo/germanic supremacy ideology. I rather prefer something comfy like a toga
>simple
>natural ventilation
>aesthetic
>can be adjusted by layers for both hot and cold climates
>unisex so easily acceptable in *current* year
>can go commando and show off the bulge for men
>can wear a tighter toga to show off the ass for ladies
>can be draped around several ways to cover/uncover head/limbs, etc., very versatile
We need a classicist revival, break the chains of the suit/pants opression.

Attached: 6a2314b1c216bd0f34c67f1655b8a76c.jpg (1272x2384, 357.91K)