Gold is canonically the most powerful trainer in the series

Gold is canonically the most powerful trainer in the series.

Attached: Gold_Silver_Ethan.png (291x561, 59.79K)

Not necessarily.
Nate beats every single notable trainer in the past games, including Red.
Elio not only beats Red too, but he also beats an angry powered up god of multiversal destruction.

Attached: sample-10afb2fef105fd2ed88c0c6b7c643b76.jpg (850x1202, 276.46K)

Gold defeated red without a level 50 handicap.

You really think he's stronger than the Gen 5 or Gen 7 protags?

So did Sun/Chicken

Is that Jeremy the Evil Trainer from Sonikku Monsutas? The same Jeremy who fought Sonic in 3-4 minute fight scenes in Season 1, Season 9, Season 10, Season 17, Season 21 and Season 26 respectively? THAT Jeremy?

Defeating Red isn't an accomplishment. He's canonically the weakest champion in the series.

Power creep is kind of BS. I'm not sure I side with OP, but you have to admit that Pokemon has gotten a little crazier each generation.

Rumor has it in S/V the barely pubescent protags will mature into PokeDemiGods capable of adding a third type to their pokemon. Surely the strongest protags will be those from S/V?

the gen 7 protagonist defeated a weaker version of red's team, gold took on red in his percieved prime, about a decade before the gen 7 protagonist

His name is Ethan chud.

Shut up tranny, his name is Jeremy the Evil Trainer, and it's been that way since the first season of the show.

you rock and you roll!

Nah sorry...
Dawn/Lucas literally control gods.
Brendan/May controls the forces of earth.
Selene/Elio controls the most powerful aliens known so far.
All gold has is a chicken phoenix that does nothing and a weird bird with hands that lives underwater for some reason.

Red is five generations jobber.

Ethan is cool but he'd probably job to one of the gen 4-7 MCs

Attached: 1633687976157.png (203x248, 75.11K)

and what about HGSS Gold...?

Attached: Evento_de_Arceus_en_Pokémon_Oro_HeartGold_y_Plata_SoulSilver.png (410x455, 193.32K)

>level 50 handicap
All the Pokemon are put on even playing fields, so it's not like they have a significant advantage.
Not to mention Red's team had a much more well rounded moveset in the PWT.

>Gen 1 Protag is Red
>Gen 1 Rival is Blue/Green
>Gen 2 Rival is Silver
>Gen 2 Protag is...Ethan
His name is Gold you fucking retard

I've always felt like the logical explanation is that the NPC version in HGSS is Ethan while the PC version is Gold.
Of course that could also be complete bullshit since prior to Gen 2 Red was apparently referred to as Satoshi in promo material, likely changed to not be confused with the anime.

the PWT measures skill more then power, most champions including modern ones like Leon and Diantha would get easily overwhelmed by Red because he outclasses them by sheer power alone

I would say protagonists don't own legendaries aside from possibly Hilbert, and we don't even know if Hilbert used his box legendary after his fight with N