Who remember when gen 4 was the most disliked gen? I can't be the only one...

Who remember when gen 4 was the most disliked gen? I can't be the only one, i recall that most people hated the box legendaries and the starters. Kanto nostalgia started there, people were disappointed by the small amount of new Pokemon and the fact that there is too much legendaries.

Attached: fakeshaymin.jpg (324x243, 16.08K)

Gen 4 still has the worst legendaries, no?
>Lake guardians are bland a shit
>box legendaries represent nothing in their design, Giratina-origin is at least kinda cool I guess
>Darkrai is just shit
>Manaphy is so forgettable that I had to google "Gen 4 legendaries" to find it
>Regigigas and Arceus are only good-ish
and there are just too fucking much, my god

ywnbaw

I love the lake guardians. Simple and to the point design, and I just like fairies in general. Though they make more sense within the context of anime hair color tropes.

>Who remember when gen 4 was the most disliked gen?
And when exactly was that ESL? Last year, after Sinnoh got TWO games based off it and hoennbabs couldn't accept that after getting ORAS instead of DeltaEmerald, like they thought they were getting?

I hate every gen on release but eventually grow to enjoy them. Still remember thinking chimchar was ugly as fuck and the other two being “over designed” but now they’re some of my favorites. DP dex is still shit though and might be the worst in the series. Platinum is the only reason I enjoyed sinnoh

very fair

Why does it smell like wet bort

2006, when D/P was released in Japan. When we got to see the whole dex and how different the designs are from the previous gens.

So thanks to people like (you) everything got worse and Kantoooo pandering happend?

Before Platinum, D/P had some VERY mixed reception particularly for the sudden spike in Legendaries, the overuse of HMs and "Saving a lot of data" but it was offset by enjoyment of the music and the Underground. Hell, round my school it had people going back to the Hoenn games and saying "maybe I didn't give you enough of a chance."

Darkrai is cool

>legendary spam
>dumb, forced lore
>SLOW
HGSS saved gen 4. Plus it was an unusually long generation. I’m not surprised it was disliked, although apparently they are among the highest selling games? But I remember people hating gen 3 more.
Now I just associate DPPt with zoomers who were 7 when the games came out so I hate it even more than I used to. Call me a boomer, but they probably experience the same with fans of the newer games.

Gen IV's design philosophy is not that different from gen III's.
Both the jump from I to II, and II to III were larger.

Attached: 614676367.png (908x263, 186.92K)

lol look at this fucking retard

Kanto/Johto design philosophy is exactly the same, Hoenn is a bit more modern but still remains very similar to the previous gens (especially gen 2, look at kyogre/groudon and ho-oh/lugia). Sinnoh is totally different and only keep the more moderns parts of hoenn designs and emphasize them.

It is still one of the worst generations.

I was 16 when DP released and I was so disappointed. After beating it, never cared about trying Platinum.

Last year I decided to give it a second chance with BDSP and I didn't enjoy Sinnoh very much. At least there was more variety of Pokémon thanks to the underground.

However, I really liked PLA and it has made me appreciate Sinnoh a little more.

>talking shit on manaphy
Obvisouly you didnt watch the best fuckin movie you zoomer

kekking because I only watched few of the movies yet Manaphy's is one of them. Manaphy is just forgettable, cope

lmfao delusional.

>>Darkrai is shit
No, only your taste.