In terms of Kanto pandering, which one was worse, Kalos or Alola?

In terms of Kanto pandering, which one was worse, Kalos or Alola?

Attached: Pikachu_Valley.jpg (1200x718, 83.57K)

Alola

Unova.

I would say kappa but all the Alola forms being kanto mons is a big issue

alola, but at the very least in that case it was because of the anniversary and shit
also, the way they pandered: kalos gave broken power-ups to already strong mons, alola reinvented some often ignored shitmons

Kalos LITERALLY gave you the Kanto starters on top of its base starters

Attached: 1582812567100.jpg (330x319, 25.76K)

Sinnoh

Alola did it in a fun way with the regional variations, they shouldve had lore where the kanto region bombed a harbor in Alola to solidify the Japan and Hawaii connection, in Kalos you straight up get handed a second starter and the kanto ones got mega evolutions when the gens own starters didnt

XY
>Santalune Forest resembles Viridian Forest with 3D camera.
>Pidgey
>Kanto Starter
>Lapras
>Snorlax
>Birds
>Mewtwo

SM
>You move to Alola from Kanto at the start of the game
>Game ends with Lillie setting sail for Kanto to see Bill
>Kukui fighting the Indigo League inspired him to make the Alola League
>Alolan Oak
>Alolan Variants
>"Kantonian" Gym
>Pikachu Valley
>Red and Blue coming back to head the Battle Tree

Your mileage may vary. With Kalos it's mostly passive references and gifts. In Alola, Kanto is built into the story and world with characters frequently calling on it directly.

Attached: 76366550916ddd5ec3e46016130ffab84ca11cb5.png (879x622, 385.26K)

a bit disingenuous to say Santalune "resembles" Viridian when it's a literal 1-to-1 remake, and to state Alolan Variants while leaving out the fact that most Megas were Kanto Pokemon

correcting myself before I get called a Discorder or something-I misspoke when saying most megas were Kanto. I more so meant that Kanto got the most megas of any individual region

Galar.

Kalos did it in a fun way because it was mostly discrete and the "Kanto references" were more inspirational in terms of gameplay rather than resorting to HEY REMEMBER KANTO?!
Galar is equally guilty, it's more fair to compare it to Alola than Kalos.

Attached: file.png (680x383, 510.77K)

>this pic has been exclusively posted to defend Kalos and deflect to SwSh, whether Galar was brought up before or not
Hi Discord, I was wondering when you'd show up

Attached: upset minun.png (289x286, 52.44K)

>this same rebuttal has been uttered every time someone points out that Gen 7 ramped it up to max and Gen 8 followed
Ahh, still trying to pin the "Discord" title on other anons, huh? I'm sure someday an idiot will eventually believe that you aren't trying to shill the nu-gens when you defend them.

*honk honk*

Attached: Clowncord.jpg (541x501, 34.34K)

>Kappa
Underage phonefag please leave

You must be shitposting. Unova had the least Kanto pandering, even less than Hoenn. Unova had more Sinnoh pandering (random Cynthia battle in Undella town), if anything

fpbp

Attached: from the minute you start the game.jpg (3882x2195, 1.7M)

Your desperate want for Kalos to not be considered "Nu-Pokemon" is a dead giveaway literally every time you tards utter it. I have no idea why you even bother given people have learned to just either immediately disengage or treat you like the genwarring Discordfaggots you are

You're not helping your case any more.

Sinnoh doesn't have quite as much overt pandering as Kalos or Galar, but it is true that even Gens in general are basically seen as extensions of Kanto. So Alola is the exception because it has plenty of Kanto pandering despite being an odd Gen.

Attached: 386E274C-F92E-4E01-A116-1419DBFA2CCC.png (830x1472, 1.3M)