Nuzlocke

Good way to breathe life into your game or Twitch Redditor cringe?

Attached: ABAF8144-7CF4-4F37-899D-CD8B31E2F5AF.png (1000x415, 221.5K)

A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

this guy never finished his comic

Based if you treat it as a way to add bit variety and soul into the game. Cringe if your name is Jan and you're German.

Nuzlockes make it so that you use Pokémon that you haven’t used before and they add a layer of strategy to the games so they’re cool overall.

Depends on how you play it.
The best part of a Nuzlocke is that it gets you attached to your Pokemon because you can lose them at any time, and encourages you to use Pokemon you usually wouldn't.
The best Nuzlockes are comics for this reason. It means that the Pokemon in question can have a personality and the plot becomes unpredictable because any of these characters you established can die at any time.
I think it becomes Twitch Redditor cringe when you take the challenge aspect too seriously. Increasing the rules is one thing if you've noticed your Nuzlockes have gotten bland because they're too easy and there's no tension, but challenge for challenge's sake is how you end up making the game so hard that you need to optimize everything, viewing your Pokemon as just disposable tools.

They're fun, even hardcore rules are fun. The soulless shit is stuff like nuzlocking Emerald Kaizo where it just becomes a spreadsheet simulator instead of something resembling an adventure. I also hate when Youtubers act like it's somehow some psycho insanely difficult challenge when Pokemon is still a pretty easy game even when nuzlocking

>attached to pixels and drawings
seek help

>playing a nuzlocke
based
>making videos on it/streaming it
cringe
simple as

This.
The moment you are regularly and easily deciding to sacrifice Pokemon for the sake of optimization the Nuzlocke has lost all of its soul.

but he's probably the best nuzlocker in the world

My biggest issue with Nuzlockes is that 99% of the time you end up with the same pokemon on your team, because of spawn rates. A Nuzlocke of FireRed is almost guaranteed to have a Pidgey and a Rattata, for example.

I usually just ignore that rule and catch what I want, and make an informal choice to try and use pokemon I don’t normally

>A Nuzlocke of FireRed is almost guaranteed to have a Pidgey and a Rattata, for example.
that's because pokemon variety in Kanto is ass.

Well it only does if they survive and you let them stay in your party.
There's nothing saying you can't swap out Pokemon once you catch something better.

It’s like that in all Pokemon games. Rarely more than five pokemon to a route, with 1-2 of them having a much higher spawn rate than the others. Sure, you can theoretically get a Phanpy for your GSC nuzlocke before the first gym. But good fucking luck

That's why randomizers end up being so prevalent.

>Needing to use PKhex.
>Needing to check every encounter in game and run calculations for 2-3 hours before every major battle.
> "By accident" edits IVs of his Slowbro that just so happened was crucial against champion.
> Still spends 151 runs on beating Kaizo Emerald, which is nowhere close to Wolfe's or even his own fucking moderator's runs.
> "BESTO FUCKING NUZLOCKA!"

Jan, you suck. You'll never be a good Nuzlocker and you'll never be a good content creator. You struggle to stay relevant and need to leech of other content creators and suck up to trannies to stay relevant. You're ugly, boring and unremarkable.

what can you get before brock in kanto?
>pidgey
>rattata
>nidoran male
>nidoran female
>weedle
>caterpie
>metapod
>kakuna
>pikachu
>mankey
>spearow
lets looks at hoenn
>zigzagoon
>poochyena
>wurmple
>silcoon
>cascoon
>surskit
>seedot
>lotad
>ralts
>taillow
>wingull
>shroomish
>nincada
>whismur
>slakoth
>makuhita (from trade)
>skitty
>abra

kanto sucks

Define "Kanto". There's pretty significant difference between original RBY, FRLG and LGPE. You cannot obtain Nidos before Brock in FRLG and LGPE has things like Oddish and Bellsprout put on first route.

Lol didn't even realise FRLG didn't have the nidos, I never really played the remakes.
But if you want me to define Kanto in the context of what people nuzlocke, sure, FRLG. LGPE aren't core games so I rightfully ignore them.

Well there's a few things to keep in mind here.
First off, Hoenn has you go through three towns before you get to the gym leader while Kanto only has two.
Hoenn also lets you go further than the gym leader town before challenging it.
Lastly, your list includes version exclusive Pokemon as if you'd be able to encounter all of them in any given playthrough, you're not getting an Abra unless you're playing Emerald version, which if you are then you're not getting Surskit.

Now compare spawn rates.
In Hoenn, you’re more often than not going to end up with zigzagoon, wurmple, wingull, and whismur.