What are some good Pokemon video essays?

What are some good Pokemon video essays?

Attached: 7h.png (1280x720, 839.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cctbirxESIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play the games.

I'm not sure there are. The style of these sort of videos ends up being a walkthrough of the game with the intent to nitpick it along the way. Waste of time.

>someone will probably write their PhD thesis on Pokemon in the near future
I want to get off this ride

Wouldn't it be more of an essay if they played the game first then critiquing after?

>this video is tedious and repetitive on its points
>nuh-uh you didn't watch the entire thing
>no one can critique this video
waiting for the autistic conversation to begin again
one of you dorks seethe at the sight of this thumbnail every time

youtube.com/watch?v=cctbirxESIk

Not this one, not even close

>Le good video is one that agrees with my preconceived opinions

What's wrong with it?

>7 hours
I can understand up to 3 hours, but who in their right mind would spend 7 hours on Pokeman Ruby analysis?

Its basically a route by route run through. Its not quite the traditional analysis video iirc.

iirc it was just extremely repetitive and filled with obnoxious shit takes/opinions being presented as facts, takes that were
clearly nostalgia-biased, and opinions that were conflicting with his other opinions too, which kind of defeats the idea of acting like any of it is objective.
There was also a lot of nitpicking tiny things in the way every edgy YT reviewer/commentator does, like "C'mon Nintendo, why can't I just pick up BOTH fossils?! What were they thinking!?!?" And other shitty meme nitpicks that don't matter in the slightest.
Also a lot of "Why is pokemon easy when I'm an adult?" complaints I'm pretty sure. Most of the video felt like it was made by someone who watched comedy review channels and wanted to copy that but didn't understand when something is an actual complaint vs a joke nitpick so he just either hates what the game puts in front of him, or thinks its clever and nice if it's basic and inoffensive enough for him to understand and simultaneously not be able nitpick.
I watched it sped up a long time ago and don't remember much of what we as said specifically but I remember that being what I thought of the video at the time, at least.
I think I remember him praising gen 2 designs and shitting on gen 5 designs which is hilarious to think that has any objective merit and isn't just nostalgia talking, but I don't remember what pokemon he was talking about anyway so it's whatever to me.
Either way it's another sign that it's just a video product of the era he grew up in and what anyone with his biases would think, and not really a good objective criticism of the game.

tldr: it's bad because I'm an assblasted unovafag

the one i made about wurmple

>dude I'm allowed to act like my nostalgia opinions are objective and if you disagree it means y-youre just a myleastfavoriteregionfag!!
whatever helps you sleep at night. Keep shilling your shit video, i guess

LINK?

FPBP. play the game
get out and touch gameboy.

no, i dont play legend of zelda

This one was really interesting. He goes route by route breaking down nugen GF design vs old school GF design, and talks about how certain overarching design decisions they've made over the years have started to conflict with each other, which leads to certain strange outcomes that have manifested in nugen games.

IIRC, He talks about EXP. Share, corridor routes, cutscene length, the doomsday plot design of 3-8 unintentionally forcing exploration to be cut, and other things. I watched this in the background while did other things one day.

pic unrelated i assume

he complains about the game being too easy but never turns off the exp share and battles every single trainer. he is literally 20 levels above the opponents when he gets to the elite 4.

I went to a party once where this was put on in the background as a joke. It was pure genius. If you weren't socializing then you would naturally gravitate to the tv, which would then spit you back out into the real world because who the fuck would actually be interesting in watching that?

Attached: 1652558704595.jpg (960x811, 75.44K)

>claims to be an "exhaustive" look at pokemon omega ruby
>never once mentions that you can turn off the exp share but complains constantly about the game being too easy
i think he legitimately did not know

Attached: retard.png (1291x845, 803.73K)

If you battle every trainer and you're overleveled then that's the designer's fault not the player's. Battling trainers shouldn't be considered grinding, they are supposed to BE the game. Grinding is what wild Pokemon are for.

>play ORAS
But I've got Emerald right here. If I wanna use the new mons, I've got Inclement Emerald.