You are telling me pixel games are more efficient than 3D...

You are telling me pixel games are more efficient than 3D? Wasn't the point of 3D models to be FUTURE PROOFED AND NOT REMADE EVERY GOD DAMN GENERATION

Attached: 6B6FD4E0-281B-4B38-9A03-76FADEC8949B.jpg (750x546, 95.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zjYZIf18c0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>You are telling me pixel games are more efficient than 3D?
No a game that's a lazy copy/paste of another game and has a fuckton of reused assets is more efficient than a game made from scratch. I don't know how you got "hurr 3D bad" out of that post, but then again, I don't expect 2Dtards to be intelligent.

Attached: 1645906327187.png (514x384, 43.08K)

The point was you already have models done so you could work on different things.

Then why was every game after XY garbage? And why was XY better than them all?

>The point was you already have models done
It's a new game on a more powerful console. Why the fuck would they be reusing low res 3DS models? Just because gen 5 lazily reused sprites doesn't mean the 3D games should.

Yeah basically. XY was the mainline games first foray into 3d so everything was fresh, and you can tell just by looking at it that at least some care went into design.

The models are being reused but that doesn't mean they don't need to do extra work on them
also they haven't done a game using the range engine since.. oras? so there is a lot new to do every game

Yeah I can kind of see where you:re coming from since XY was garbage that nobody likes and SM was not garbage

The 3DS models weren’t low-res, that’s the thing. The textures needed to be recreated, but the models themselves were fine.

gen 5 is shit, so is 3d
pokemon ended/PEAKED in HGSS

>It's a new game on a more powerful console. Why the fuck would they be reusing low res 3DS models?
majority of the swsh models are just the 3ds ones

If the pokemon models are "futureproof" I really want to see the devs up their environment design.

yeah I agree. I want the open areas to feel like they actually lead somewhere and have a purpose. I like PLA and the wild area, but I want regular routes to be big and open

>The 3DS models weren’t low-res
Yes they were.

>but the models themselves were fine
No they weren't.

No they aren't.

Attached: ssrhyperior.png (1767x743, 1.2M)

user...

Imagine being pathetic enough to make that second post.
>uh they made a bad decision that required more work and then didn't put that work in so they're not at fault somehow!
Making excuses for professionals, no pride at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=zjYZIf18c0k

>FUTURE PROOFED AND NOT REMADE EVERY GOD DAMN GENERATION
And they aren't. They were only remade in outstanding circumstances up until PLA and even then I'm pretty sure it was only the case because they fucked up with their excuse for the dexcut in SwSh and knew they'd have to make good on those words sooner or later.
For the record, a pixel based game would be managed even worse because depending on how you go about it it's an even bigger work load. You can either have the static animation of Gen 3/4, the BW animations that use joints but would be limited as a result or actual frame by frame animation which, while visually it'd be fucking amazing, doesn't have a place in the industry unless you're an indie dev or just going for that specific artstyle ala Cuphead/Rayman Origins. Even ArcSys are beginning to phase it out and their games were renown for having god tier sprite work.
The reason why Game Freak aren't good with 3D games development is simple, inexperience. When you think about it they haven't even been making full scale 3D vidaya for 10 years. They were also a largely portable studio yet had to move to HD games development in a mere 5 years. Don't get me wrong, they should have staffed up early on, anyone with a fucking brain could have told you they'd go nowhere fast with the mindset and team sizes Masuda was pushing for. But it's not hard to see how going 3D, despite it being a good thing for most devs, wouldn't be a good fit for GF specifically. Especially not the 2013+ complacent as shit GF.

thanks for linking a video showing that the models are different.

wtf is that picture supposed to prove? it just shows more clearly that the models share the exact same polygons and only the textures are altered

>it just more clearly shows that the models are altered
Thanks for agreeing.

ah you think a texture is a model

ah you're an ESL

Attached: 1603626728845.png (551x1078, 41.07K)

>embarrasses himself
>resorts to insults
i lol

user.. we both know you're just playing dumb.