ETC

What do you think about Ethereum Classic? When ETH finally switches to POS a lot of people could return to ETC and pump the price heavily. Am I mssing something?

What are the pros and cons of ETC?

Attached: etc.png (225x225, 2.53K)

Might be a good trade all things considered. Etc I don't think has much setting it apart from eth. Provided it sticks with proof of work, you'll have plenty of retards who scoff at proof of stake and pump etc bags.

name a successful proof of stake coin?

Define successful

Attached: 1532026514117.png (227x326, 95.35K)

Polygon (ticker: MATIC)

tezos

nope

what are the possibilities of an 51 % attack. is there still any development on chain? anyone who is in the ETC game can spread some knowledge?

>a lot of people could return to ETC
Why would they go to ETC? There's nothing being built and no DeFi liquidity as far as I know (If DeFi apps even exist there?). Most of Eth community are happy with the switch to PoS and don't see the need to migrate. Some miners might promote ETC to increase their tiny mining revenue by advertising higher security of the chain (it has been 51% attacked multiple times). Long term it's just a doomed chain, but short term could be a trading opportunity if there are enough speculators thinking like you. There's also a massively higher possibility of new attacks because renting hashrate will become cheaper.

all of these will pump when merge:
- ethereum classic
- raven coin
- flux
- firo

mining etc will not be gpu-profitable because all ethash asics will move to etc and will eat the profits of gpus.

>ETC 7d +68.9%
the pump is already priced in, you are too late

i have wondered this often as well. on one hand ETC has always been the unfailing standard-bearer for PoW; on the other hand, almost all high-value TXs are on ETH exclusively since the two diverged. I think it’s fairly likely that someone will fork ETH into “ETC 2.0” that stays on PoW from the Merge onward. How much traction it gets is anyone’s guess.

>I think it’s fairly likely that someone will fork ETH into “ETC 2.0” that stays on PoW from the Merge onward.
Miners would have to disable the difficulty bomb and do some dev work for a client. I haven't heard any talks of miners actually planning this fork and no talks of users wanting to use this chain. This new Eth fork would have no value, no exchanges where you could trade the new token. Imagine all the DeFi pools with forkETH claimable with valueless forked stablecoins. It'd just be a miners' coin and die off like any fork with no huge support.

>>I think it’s fairly likely that someone will fork ETH into “ETC 2.0” that stays on PoW from the Merge onward.
To add: yes, technically there will be forks. There will be many forks because all it takes to create a fork is one miner. But there won't be a fork with massive support like ETC.

cant wait to see your faggot faces when eth doesnt switch, gonna be laughing for a year straight

Why wouldn't it?

will it be possible to do some flash loan fuckery on the pos eth or does it not work like that?

kek

>he doesnt know
haahahaha im already laughing

Depends on what kind of flash loan fuckery you want to do, but yes, flash loans will still exist.
>he doesnt know
Neither do you or you would've told me. How dumb are you. Give me your argument.

all im saying is PoW is eternal and you will cope hard

Avalanche

name a successful proof of stake coin? (2)
yeah i don't know about ETH 2.0 either and have been mostly just staking NFT assets to get royalties from different marketplaces
at least NFT games don't rely entirely on ETH now and have their own ingame tokens like time raiders having $XPND