Serebii is fucking unusable and full of errors

I Googled "Murkrow location Gen 2" and clicked on the first link, which just so happened to be Serebii, and it incorrectly states that Murkrow can be found on Route 18 in GSC. This is not true, check any other site. Even check the source code in pret/pokecrystal. Murkrow cannot be found on Route 18.

This isn't the first error I've seen on Serebii either, it's full of them. Not just data errors, but grammatical mistakes and just sloppy writing in general. The whole website is a mess.

Remind me why the fuck people regard Serebii so highly again?

Attached: Screenshot_20220522-143104_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x937, 301.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serebii.net/games/celebi.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of the news coverage and the legacy. Next question?

Did you go to route 18 yourself?
No, then piss off.

Read the Pokemon of the Week every week. There hasn't been an instance of zero mistakes in ten years or so. If it's not cut off sentences them its grammar or formatting errors. No one proofs the forum post.

I think most people (including myself) use it still because it’s the one we’re most familiar with. I agree it’s a shit site and a pain to find some stuff, but the problem is I now remember all the weird ways to find stuff on there. So it’s just easier than learning to use another site.

Hi Joe.

Directly from the Pokémon Crystal source code.

Better get fixing!

Attached: Screenshot_20220522-143936_Samsung Internet.jpg (1079x1441, 281.84K)

huh works in my game maybe stop buying bootleg carts at flea markets Carlos

This

Nice samepost

nah

I used serebii as a wee lad back in 2012 for Rumble and Conquest codes, so I kind of have an emotion attachment to that hellsite. It sucks, but its comfy.

The old shit was way different, it was also written in a less formal way.

source code only matter when pushing that UBs are legendaries

i still use serebii but man he really needs someone to go through and update his older pages
like the inconsistency of web design
>missing detail and links to the area on pokemon pages
>some pokemon have wrong info pic related is staryu capture locations
>wrong % on pokemons encounter chance

Attached: quality.png (606x20, 2.41K)

Serebii is an OLD website.
The early days had a lot of errors, but so did everything else at the time. Nowadays, it's a lot better, and while it has done a lot of house keeping and corrections, there are still some relics from a less civilized age.

This page for example is more or less hidden at this point, but it is a relic from the early days.
serebii.net/games/celebi.shtml

doesn't he run the site completely alone? he always goes on about how stressed out he is about updating the site and how he has to 100% games in the first week they come out so he can get enough info for the site. why doesn't he hire people to help him?

As much shit as I give Joe, he's not a pedo and his site loads quickly on mobile.

Which is more than I can say for Bulbapedia

Nobody cares about gen 2 so not surprised Joe hasnt fixed it lol

masuda is omly willing to foot the bill on one paycheck

Pokemondb > bulbapedia > serebii

serebii has soul but, just like with the games, that doesn't mean it's good

someone should build a website dynamically generated from pret info