Why do competitively unviable Pokémon exist...

Why do competitively unviable Pokémon exist? Why do they keep adding more Pokémon when there’s already so many that people don’t use?

Attached: 49C02F67-CDCD-4DDF-A0A7-18E538A59201.jpg (750x658, 391.7K)

merch sales and route padding

There are not really a lot of usless, final evo mons to be honest. They even fixed Unown in Pla

>smoggies

Attached: 1653173151397.jpg (1125x1598, 109.63K)

Pokemon don't exist for your fanfic meta

because this is a progression-based RPG, not a competitive multiplayer game

>They even fixed Unown in Pla
i looked into it and i can't find anything. what did they give unown?

for OP: many animals in the real world are useless in battle - but that's not a flaw of nature.

People who play competitive are a small minority and most people just want to play the game, work with their bros, and have a good time.

I've played pokemon for 20 years and have not once played online or played against someone I didn't personally know.

If every Pokemon were competitively viable, then no one would be

This, almost every Pokemon has a competitive purpose but some are so niche you have to build an entire team around their purpose which isn't worth it.

Are you people really this stupid? The neglected competitive aspect of pokemon is entirely secondary to the single player trainer experience, not the other way around. If I want to play something competitive I can do a lot better than the festering offshoot of a 90s collectible game. I want to beat the elite four with my Sudowoodo and Flareon

Unironically to make CHARIZARD look better I’m comparison.

>Smoggies
?
Smogon tiering system make more mons viable than VGC. You got your formats mixed up.

nobody cares about your fanfic meta

iirc they made Hidden Power always hit super-effectively, idk if that is enough for Unknown but it is a buff

Do you really need it spelled out for you nigger?

Attached: yogurt-spaceballs.gif (498x280, 3M)

it absolutely is not, Unown still has garbage stats and only the one move

It still far from useless.

Whats the first rule of acquisition?

>Merchandizing,
Then why is almost all the merch just Kanto and CHARIZARD, and wouldn’t making a Pokémon good allow for more merch opportunities

Attached: 3382DB08-EE10-4AF9-925C-DCDF2E3C32F3.jpg (600x600, 41.75K)

It's a trivially easy kids game, all pokemon are "viable".
>but muh esport-
Get a life you fat faggot

Because you severely overestimate the amount of people who give a shit about competitive Pokémon

Not op, but the single most common reason Pokemon are hated is due to being “shitmons”.

Because discovering new pokemon is fun. A lot of people aren't interested in playing competitively. Even if they do play competitively, there's a lot of players who enjoy the challenge of coming up with a unique team rather than just deep dicking Zacian and whatever the other five top picks are.

New pokemon make playing a new generation exciting. You get that sense of adventure all over again. What will you catch? How, when and what will it evolve into? All good fun.

Some Pokémon will always be better than others, but that doesn't change the fact that there's not a single Pokémon that you can't complete the game with