Black and White 2 was the only time the games felt like a rich RPG full of secrets and side activities...

Black and White 2 was the only time the games felt like a rich RPG full of secrets and side activities. It's a very polished and complete experience, and doesn't leave me wanting more. The only odd thing was the exclusion of the previous protagonists.
People may not like it for subjective reasons like the artstyle or story, but overall as a Pokemon game it is the best and most accomplished iteration.

Attached: zinzolin.jpg (175x287, 7.78K)

Lol no

Explain beyond discord buzzwords

GSC: Pokémon at its peak as an JRPG.

BW/B2W2: Pokémon at its peak as a RPG.

As such, those are the best Gens, and anything other than 2 and 5 is totally irrelevant.

Attached: Ecruteak_City_Landscape.png (1080x979, 1.84M)

Lmao Nope

discord is full of unovazoomers though

More isn't always good.

Attached: 1615589845404.png (628x472, 307.04K)

I agree.

I think gen 2 is very good as well for it's time and hardware. Huge improvement coming off of Red and Green. When people thik of the game boy color they think of gen 2 alone.
It's invonvient that you -have- to do that in the story but it's not too long and you can ignore it entirely if you want to after. For every guy who doesn't like the movie studio they might like the join avenue or medal collecting instead. Or the battle facilities like PWT and Black Tower. I believe there is something for every kind of player in BW2

Pic unrelated Pokestar was great.
I was so fucking mad when I learned Super star effect no longer works on transfered mons.

pokestar is the worst gimmick in pokemon history

Shield gameplay: 100h 30 of these were button mashing on raids
B2 gameplay: 730h and I still come back because there is tons to do still

The previous protagonists were clearly planned to appear. There's data for the PWT that suggests they were meant to be in it.
Not to mention the amount of times they name drop the previous MC if you did Memory Link.

Thats air battles or contests in SpBd

I bet you clapped when you were forced to take photos in USUM.

Yeah I heard about that. Not sure why chickened out since their dialogue even got as far as being in English. Maybe they wanted to keep Red special or feared people may not have played the first BW

Hated this too, dropped the series after. Nobody ever forced you to make a Secret Base or play in Contests.

>I believe there is something for every kind of player in BW2
That's fair.

Attached: pokefinder.png (588x350, 570.49K)

It could be that or they simply ran out of time, would have been cool to battle Hilbert or Hilda using the team you beat the Hall of Fame with in BW or something.

There's that and also that stupid Photo Club they added in USUm, you're practically forced into it before you leave the first island.

>side activities
That's HGSS, BW took out so much fucking shit dude.
Is this a joke?

You have what the 3v3 only nostalgia bait tournament, and the musicals that nobody even remembers and are literally contests but worse.
Also the movie studio.

Let's compare that to
>battle frontier
>pokeathelon with all the minigames and stats
>following pokemon
>two regions to explore compared to the other half of a circle
>bug catching contest
etc

Gen 5 get their dick sucked way too much lately for being just okay. They're also over hated too but that's the one part you'll agree with I'm sure, fag.

There's the few you mentioned but there is also expanding the join avenue, participating in entralink missions, and at the tme the dream world. There's also time based events like the xtranceiver sidequests and seasonal N rematches or trading items with NPCs at Aniville on sundays.
BW2 also debuted things like the shiny charm and had it's own variant of O-powers which people often credit the later gens for.

I'm from discord and not even I can refute this

Discord link?

Furthermore I'd like to add that while yes HGSS has lots of features, the gen 4 engine isn't very good. Battles feel slower and navigating the PC and bag menus feels particularly sluggish. Gen 5 games are just more smooth and slick

Gen 5 feels too much like a Western sword and sorcery RPG. The Pokemon seem like an afterthought. Not good.
That being said, Gen 5 did have a lot of love put into it. However, Gen 7 >> Gen 5

Discord is here, sound the trumpets!